ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue won't win anything without Lamina Coooper and until they get their roster stabilized

PurdueTim16

True Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2015
WNIT experience will be a quick exit. This program has really become a sad joke. I get that sickness is something you can't plan for, but recruiting incompetence has really sunk this program. Hopefully next season it comes together and their young core including Cooper are healthy and improved.

A program can’t be sustained when you only have 10-11 players on the roster. You have to KNOW there will be injuries, illness, and a transfer now and then. Notre Dame had 4 players out with ACL tears, yet they are still near the top of the rankings /seedings. Even if they win the NIT, who really cares? It’s a huge downgrade in a once powerful program.

Interesting, 3 BT NIT teams on Btn2go tonight. Purdue is not because IUPUI does not have the tech to carry it.

Well, with 6 secs and a fraction. Yes, nice comeback over Austin Parkinson's team when they trailed by 11 just a quarter earlier.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the rematch with Ball State.

Reactions: pufan73
When I listened to the game on the TERRIBLE feed from PurdueSports I could swear we trailed by 11 in the 3rd Q but Kyle says it was in the 2nd Q. Nonetheless, it was a nice comeback.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the rematch with Ball State.

We did trail by 11 and it was impressive that they crawled back. Of course, you could say they should not have fallen that far behind to begin with.

I thought I read that they were broadcasting over a cell phone because the orignal feed tech crapped out?

Reactions: DocRon
We did trail by 11 and it was impressive that they crawled back. Of course, you could say they should not have fallen that far behind to begin with.

I thought I read that they were broadcasting over a cell phone because the orignal feed tech crapped out?
Thanks. I joined the game a little late so I did not realize they were broadcasting from a cell phone. It sounded like it.

Does
Anyone know if the games on espn3
Are archived to be watched later ? Thx
Yes, you can watch later. They are archived. Although not sure you want to if you hate watching a team throw away the basketball over and over. But they came through when they had to.

Haha. Sweet 16 is not a "Quick exit" and you know it. Nice try.
You're seriously trying to defend this program because they won a first round game in the NIT against a MAC team? My how our expectations have changed. The point of his thread was that our women's program is lightyears from where it used to be "and you know it".

Big picture - I think everyone realizes its time for a change. Only two things that would save Sharon's job at this point - 1. Most Boilers don't follow women's basketball closely so there isn't a ton of pressure of MB to make a change; and 2. women's basketball isn't generating a ton of revenue so it may not matter to him if the team is .500 or wins a NC.

Reactions: Dan'l Boone
Haha. Sweet 16 is not a "Quick exit" and you know it. Nice try.

Again, from national title contender to WNIT loss against IU? And we are fine with that and can’t see the downgrade in the program? I’m not sure anyone cares about being sweet 16 in the NIT. It’s probably used against us in recruiting at this point. “Purdue used to be great, but now they don’t care...”

Again, from national title contender to WNIT loss against IU? And we are fine with that and can’t see the downgrade in the program? I’m not sure anyone cares about being sweet 16 in the NIT. It’s probably used against us in recruiting at this point. “Purdue used to be great, but now they don’t care...”
I said they did not exit quickly from the NIT. That is all I said. And they did not. They won two games before they lost. That is nothing to brag about but PurdueTim16 said "WNIT experience will be a quick exit" and he was wrong. Everything else you and HunkGolden are saying was not in my post and are not my thoughts.

I think we all have differing definitions of a quick exit. I feel a third round exit is a pretty quick exit in an NIT tourney—-especially for a coach who moaned about not being selected into the NCAA tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT