ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue women’s basketball uses strong fourth quarter to beat Illinois State.

Loose ends, consistent inconsistency, hot and cold shooting, kinda roller coaster play these last 3 games. I really hope to see tighter play (not tense, just more disciplined) after this long break, finals, etc. I get the sense the team is a bit tired and mentally weary right now. Just my 200 miles away view.

Reactions: DocRon and Gesysp
I definitely think we're seeing a gassed team just finishing a brutal stretch of having 3 games in 6-days - one going to OT on the road - the other going to the final buzzer. The team has to be collectively gassed right now both mentally and physically especially if you consider it's also finals season as well. I think due to the rigorous play - Layden's nagging ankle injury flared up because she was playing like she was ailing against Maryland so I'm not surprised to see her out for this game because we need to save her for B10 games. This injury might last a while -maybe her whole career as sometimes these don't just go away. Much like back injuries. She is not athletic enough to effectively play through these injuries - she needs to be 100% healthy to be productive for us.

Also Illinois State is pretty decent - they have victories against Dayton and Wisconsin on the year. This was a good test for us but thankfully we have a 10-day break before we go to TAMU. The team desperately needs some rest.

Reactions: DocRon
The Robinson girl for ISU was a very good player and their coach is very intense

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT