ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Women’s Basketball Off-Season Primer

Bumping the thread, Purdue filling some Coaching spots, any news on filling some open Scholership spots? Hoping a portal piece or two is added.

Bumping the thread, Purdue filling some Coaching spots, any news on filling some open Scholership spots? Hoping a portal piece or two is added.
I would assume KG wanted the new staff additions in house before hosting any potential portal additions on officials. With these past couple weekends being highs school spring break and Easter I would say it’s a good bet we’re going to be hosting a top target or two this upcoming weekend.

Judging from social media I would say the top targets would be Alaina Harper, Taiyier Parks and probably the Reynolds’ sisters.

I would assume KG wanted the new staff additions in house before hosting any potential portal additions on officials. With these past couple weekends being highs school spring break and Easter I would say it’s a good bet we’re going to be hosting a top target or two this upcoming weekend.

Judging from social media I would say the top targets would be Alaina Harper, Taiyier Parks and probably the Reynolds’ sisters.
Reynolds sisters and another player would be nice, Parks would seem like a better player this upcoming year than Harper, just a guess. Also, DePaul besides Morrow lost another good player Darrione Rogers (17) ppg last year, would hope Purdue checks in on her.

Just depends on what the coaching staff wants. 1 year with Parks or 3 with Harper. Harper had a solid year as a rookie post with GCU. She’s 6’3 and very solidly built like a potential B10 bruiser. Skilled as well like her sister. I would be happy with either.

Just depends on what the coaching staff wants. 1 year with Parks or 3 with Harper. Harper had a solid year as a rookie post with GCU. She’s 6’3 and very solidly built like a potential B10 bruiser. Skilled as well like her sister. I would be happy with either.
Not going to pretend I know anything about Alaina because I don’t, she averaged 5 points and 2 boards a game in 11 minutes a game action at a small time program, not sure how that translates to a Big 10 program. Not going to lie, I’m hoping for better, would love to get a semi big time player from a solid program on board.

Reactions: MichaelRR
Not going to pretend I know anything about Alaina because I don’t, she averaged 5 points and 2 boards a game in 11 minutes a game action at a small time program, not sure how that translates to a Big 10 program. Not going to lie, I’m hoping for better, would love to get a semi big time player from a solid program on board.
I agree, I don't think she is as good as Woltman was or has as much upside. I'd rather do without than waste a schollie on her frankly.

I agree, I don't think she is as good as Woltman was or has as much upside. I'd rather do without than waste a schollie on her frankly.
That I can’t answer, I did notice that late in the year her numbers improved. Schools like IU/Iowa/Maryland/Ohio State will likely get big time portal transfers, I hope Purdue aims High in this regard.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT