ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Wide Receivers

Aug 19, 2001
Do you guys have any information as to who the WRs will be this year? It looks like Phillips for sure, but other than that, there are a lot of questions. I know that there are 2 JC guys who are supposed to come in and Holmes, the ND grad transfer, but the roster that I've seen online doesn't list them. Also, how about Landers? Thoughts?

Do you guys have any information as to who the WRs will be this year? It looks like Phillips for sure, but other than that, there are a lot of questions. I know that there are 2 JC guys who are supposed to come in and Holmes, the ND grad transfer, but the roster that I've seen online doesn't list them. Also, how about Landers? Thoughts?

Landers is gone. It's going to be the two jucos, Holmes the ND transfer, Phillips, Anthrop, and Mahoungou. The newcomers need to be good and quickly. The TE's will play a big role in receiving game this season.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Landers is gone. It's going to be the two jucos, Holmes the ND transfer, Phillips, Anthrop, and Mahoungou. The newcomers need to be good and quickly. The TE's will play a big role in receiving game this season.
I think Edwards and Hamilton will be in the mix too.

Thanks for the info. I'm a fan of Coach Brohm and hope you guys have a lot of success in the coming years. BTW, I love Hamilton's video. He just might be the go to guy in a couple of years.

Reactions: todd brewster
I have a feeling the two jucos, the transfer from ND. and the other two WR's Brohm recruited are going to either immediately take over as part of Fall camp or gradually become our primary receivers, and the ones remaining from Hazell's era will take a back seat.

Something else to consider. At one point last month, Purdue was over our scholarship limit by 4-5 players. And we added another lineman to that total. That means somebody is going to leave willingly, or was not eligible to return. My speculation is that a WR or two would be in the mix that leaves.

I have a feeling the two jucos, the transfer from ND. and the other two WR's Brohm recruited are going to either immediately take over as part of Fall camp or gradually become our primary receivers, and the ones remaining from Hazell's era will take a back seat.

Something else to consider. At one point last month, Purdue was over our scholarship limit by 4-5 players. And we added another lineman to that total. That means somebody is going to leave willingly, or was not eligible to return. My speculation is that a WR or two would be in the mix that leaves.
Jalen Neal.

still over by two ? Does that include the grad transfer we just added? from past history, we've also have had a couple of high school recruits that didn't initially qualify and had to go to juco or prep school first. I remember Gregory was one of those, and that DB from the South bend / Ft Wayne area. Gregory ended up going to Nebraska. and the DB tried to come to Purdue.

still over by two ? Does that include the grad transfer we just added? from past history, we've also have had a couple of high school recruits that didn't initially qualify and had to go to juco or prep school first. I remember Gregory was one of those, and that DB from the South bend / Ft Wayne area. Gregory ended up going to Nebraska. and the DB tried to come to Purdue.

Yes, it includes the grad transfers

Who was the OL that barely stood in the way against Maryland last year? I just remember Blough hiking and running. That guy could leave and I'd be ok with it.

ADVERTISEMENT