ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WBB vs Maryland

Purdue up by 4 with the ball, Madison misses a wide open 3, if she hits it Purdue wins the game, it’s a shame to lose this game.

Coach KG said in post-game radio interview that the team was told to foul but “couldn’t get it done.” Really? Hopefully they learn from this.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I know, I feel bad for talking about her but she wasn’t good tonight, the Boilers need her to be.
Yes they do. She’s a veteran on this team and is very much needed as a leader. I don’t see that quality in her and I wonder if the 2 transfers - who play with confidence and some swagger - have (unintentionally) knocked her confidence down a couple notches. She seems almost too nice for her own good.

Thank goodness for Abbey Ellis tonight - she is fiery and feisty and great Bball IQ.

Reactions: DocRon and Gesysp
Yes they do. She’s a veteran on this team and is very much needed as a leader. I don’t see that quality in her and I wonder if the 2 transfers - who play with confidence and some swagger - have (unintentionally) knocked her confidence down a couple notches. She seems almost too nice for her own good.

Thank goodness for Abbey Ellis tonight - she is fiery and feisty and great Bball IQ.
It’s not about confidence. Physically she has regressed. She plays with literally 0 athleticism. She gets no air on her shots. It’s like she’s pulling 50 lbs weights. She’s playing like she did last year when she was hurt.

The play call on our last play was atrocious. Terry was hobbling all game after getting hit in the knee. It’s like KG went to the Painter school of last second shots. (not a compliment). No ball movement and dish it out to the player who has been just anemic all night offensively for a Hail Mary three that was just fumbled out of bounds and followed by an emotion less shrug? Seriously? Pathetic

A player can be in a shooting funk or “in their own head” but still play with energy. All game, her passes were lazy and she played with virtually zero enthusiasm. I would have had on her on the sidelines. That last turnover was inexcusable, her eyes weren’t even on the ball.

Reactions: RBryant311
I heard Gearlds say they wanted to foul but they “couldn’t get it done”. There are 5 players on the floor and none of them could find a player to foul when they had 5 seconds to do so?

Last edited:
Reactions: Purdue16Hoops
I’m sure she feels awful about it. She is a smart player, but seems a bit off this year for some reason.
She's being asked to play point some in games so Terry has more chances to drive from the wing. I've said since game one it was a bad idea and it was hurting Layden's game. Now she has to think the game instead of just playing, and she's too slow and poor of a ball handler to be on top of the offense with the ball in her hands so much. It's not her strength. And if she's hobbling again that's on KG for playing her hurt at the end of last year game after game while she was visibly limping up and down the floor until she couldn't hardly walk and had to miss the Marquette game. And I suspect the calls to adjust will fall on deaf ears, the only reason for any starting lineup changes KG has made while coaching Purdue have been injury driven, and only when a player cannot physically play any more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT