ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Wisconsin VB match time

Boilermb

True Freshman
Jun 26, 2001
Got an e-mail from Purdue Athletics that the start time for the match on October 8 has been changed to 6 PM ET.

Yes, the Iowa game on Wednesday is on BTN at 6PM but the Wisconsin game on Saturday is at 6PM on BTN Plus. Both are in Holloway.

Reactions: DocRon
Watching them warm up in Holloway. Schermerhorn is warming up, but still wearing her thigh wrap.
Well, not saying she will play but if I were her doc I would keep her wearing it even when she went back to playing for awhile. Not that I am a sports doc. (I did act as a doc for our football game for 15 years.)

Lucky you to be there. Did you get a token for the commemorative glass?

Madeline Koch had probably the best match of her career: 15 kills with a 0.429 percentage, and 5 blocks. Iowa was keying on Eva Hudson with their blocking, she had her usual high number of kills but on a poor hitting percentage for her (0.192). Iowa’s 11 service errors to our 4 were a factor.
Congratulations to Dave Shondell, Kathy Jewell and John Shondell for their 20 years coaching Purdue volleyball.

Last edited:
Madeline Koch had probably the best match of her career: 15 kills with a 0.429 percentage, and 5 blocks. Iowa was keying on Eva Hudson with their blocking, she had her usual high number of kills but on a poor hitting percentage for her (0.192). Iowa’s 11 service errors to our 4 were a factor.
Congratulations to Dave Shondell, Kathy Jewell and John Shondell for their 20 years coaching Purdue volleyball.
Edit: service aces

completely agree on Koch, she is really coming on, especially as teams focus on Hudson. We will need for our setters to be more aggressive and deceptive spreading the ball around. To do that, we will need better passes. Koch and Ellis are critical to our success.

Schermerhorn was credited with 5 serve receive errors in her first match back…you will not see that happen again this year.

Wisky needs Saturday’s game. They rolled IU. Our Iowa match was a struggle after just playing them less that 2 weeks ago. Going to be a toughie for our Boilers. I hope they can hold the home court advantage. BoilerUp

Last edited:
Reactions: DocRon
Wisky needs Friday’s game. They rolled IU. Our Iowa match was a struggle after just playing them less that 2 weeks ago. Going to be a toughie for our Boilers. I hope they can hold the home court advantage. BoilerUp
Just so there is no confusion, our next game is Wisconsin at 6PM on BTN Plus.

But yes, it should be a heated game. And we will need to play better than we did Wednesday. In post game comments Dave promised that “You will never see Maddie Schermerhorn play as poorly as she did tonight.”

Just so there is no confusion, our next game is Wisconsin at 6PM on BTN Plus.

But yes, it should be a heated game. And we will need to play better than we did Wednesday. In post game comments Dave promised that “You will never see Maddie Schermerhorn play as poorly as she did tonight.”

Purdue is overachieving so far this year, Shondell has said not this good, I’m looking more like top 15 than top 5, still a great start.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Purdue is overachieving so far this year, Shondell has said not this good, I’m looking more like top 15 than top 5, still a great start.
When Ellis and Koch are on, we are formidable. When Ellis lets a block or error get in her head…we are in trouble.

first set we served tough and won, after that Bucky made all of our serves look like lollipops (which a lot of them were)

our serve receive was not great which reduces options for hitting and makes opponent blocking ”easy”.

last year, Bush was fast to the spot and jump set most balls. She was deceptive. With our current passing, even I can predict where the hit is coming from. Not blaming the setters. This team will be fine when passing stabilizes. Got to get a top 16 seed! A top 4 seed is a super long shot and I’m not giving up yet.

When Ellis and Koch are on, we are formidable. When Ellis lets a block or error get in her head…we are in trouble.

first set we served tough and won, after that Bucky made all of our serves look like lollipops (which a lot of them were)

our serve receive was not great which reduces options for hitting and makes opponent blocking ”easy”.

last year, Bush was fast to the spot and jump set most balls. She was deceptive. With our current passing, even I can predict where the hit is coming from. Not blaming the setters. This team will be fine when passing stabilizes. Got to get a top 16 seed! A top 4 seed is a super long shot and I’m not giving up yet.
Agreed, good team, just not too 5 good at this time, likely not even too 10… top 16 seed for be great, they can do that. Need to win both this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT