Coaches: 3rd

ESPN's BPI Prediction: Purdue 95.7%
Betting Line: Purdue favored 14.5

Prediction:
Purdue: 82
Wisconsin: 64

76-55 --- and yes, I took the points

Money IS where my mouth is ...

I'm curious, is betting on the dance still not available on all sites? The one I use took it down at least three days ago.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
We should win by a lot the next couple games, but it's the B1G and anything can happen.

Purdue by 20.

Mackey is gonna be rocking and these badgers leave the bus runnin to get out of town fast. Purdue by 20. 80-60.

For those interested in common opponents, we share 5 with Wisconsin so far this year:

Purdue:
Chicago State W 111-42
@Marquette, W 86-71
WKU, L 73-77
Nebraska, W 74-62
Rutgers, W 82-51

Wisconsin:
Marquette, L 63-82
WKU, W 81-80
Chicago State, W 82-70
@Rutgers, L 60-64
@Nebraska, L 59-63

The Badgers have played solid defense over the past couple weeks, but they're averaging only about 60 ppg through 5 B1G games.

There could be some ugly to this one, but I'll say Purdue takes it 73-63.

For those interested in common opponents, we share 5 with Wisconsin so far this year:

Purdue:
Chicago State W 111-42
@Marquette, W 86-71
WKU, L 73-77
Nebraska, W 74-62
Rutgers, W 82-51

Wisconsin:
Marquette, L 63-82
WKU, W 81-80
Chicago State, W 82-70
@Rutgers, L 60-64
@Nebraska, L 59-63

The Badgers have played solid defense over the past couple weeks, but they're averaging only about 60 ppg through 5 B1G games.

C'mon man - post those comps and then say only +10? We beat Rutgers by 31 and they lost by 4 .... (semi-TIC!)

Reactions: jadeezra

Purdue:
Chicago State W 111-42
@Marquette, W 86-71
WKU, L 73-77
Nebraska, W 74-62
Rutgers, W 82-51

Wisconsin:
Marquette, L 63-82
WKU, W 81-80
Chicago State, W 82-70
@Rutgers, L 60-64
@Nebraska, L 59-63

I was really hesitant to go much further than 15 or 16 simply because Happ is a high level college player...even if the talent around him is poor. He needs complimentary shooters around him to make him effective and they just don't have that. Put Happ on Purdue's roster this season, and he likely is averaging 20 and 10 easily.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
Purdue completely squashes this team on paper and real life.
Would this be a good reference image for what you are explaining?

24cdzbo.jpg

Reactions: jadeezra
C'mon man - post those comps and then say only +10? We beat Rutgers by 31 and they lost by 4 .... (semi-TIC!)

Part of that, though, is home vs. road. I'm not sure what to expect tonight. But, I suspect Wisconsin will try to muck it up.

Game by the Numbers:
Wisconsin:
RPI: 139th
Kenpom: 80th
BPI: 67th
AP: N/A
Coaches: N/A

Purdue:
RPI: 10th
Kenpom: 2nd
BPI: 2nd
AP: 3rd
Coaches: 3rd

ESPN's BPI Prediction: Purdue 95.7%
Betting Line: Purdue favored 14.5

Prediction:
Purdue: 82
Wisconsin: 64
still ignorant since I haven't had any more time to look at Kenpom, but if the point winner was by 14.5 I'm guessing that would be about a 90.6% (kenpom,) prediction (14.5/11)=1.318 or approx .406~ plus 50% for the centering of the 14.5 winner in the distribtion equals .5+.406~

Since the normal curve doesn't change, I'm guessing either the std dev for ESPN is differenf (smaller) than 11 (Kenpoms) or the home court is different (larger) than 3.5 points...or both are different ..or a different fudge factor..or...
z_Distribution_Table.jpg

Last edited:
still ignorant since I haven't had any more time to look at Kenpom, but if the point winner was by 14.5 I'm guessing that would be about a 90.6% (kenpom,) prediction (14.5/11)=1.318 or approx .406~ plus 50% for the centering of the 14.5 winner in the distribtion equals .5+.406~

Since the normal curve doesn't change, I'm guessing either the std dev for ESPN is differenf (smaller) than 11 (Kenpoms) or the home court is different (smaller) than 3.5 points...or both are different ..or a different fudge factor..or...
z_Distribution_Table.jpg
Would you just tilt the recliner and enjoy ....

Purdue:
Chicago State W 111-42
@Marquette, W 86-71
WKU, L 73-77
Nebraska, W 74-62
Rutgers, W 82-51

Wisconsin:
Marquette, L 63-82
WKU, W 81-80
Chicago State, W 82-70
@Rutgers, L 60-64
@Nebraska, L 59-63

I think you appraised my last house

Just DO IT ..... retire and the only stress you have is between the first and the third wednesday of every month ...
kim tells me to retire as well. just left teh doc and told him he was going to chuckle with what I brought him. Co-workers...well, they sit close to me thought the doc would be insulted with the data I took him since September 15. Instead, he asked if he could keep it. Blood sugar was great. Talked about the difference between my average reading in the morning that predicted an A1C of 5.2 adn the actual 5.7...and me not catching the peaks or sampling the highs by only taking the morning data. Suggested if interested I take an hour before eating and an hour after eating to see my peaks and such. Showed my tracking of weight loss on blood sugar and how I still have a large std deviation of readings relative to my weight being the same. Talked aobut someday I might not be able to control teh blood sugar as well with a slight upwards trend even with less weight (telling me I have what I have an soon it will be even harder to control with the right eating. His dad was an engineer in product assurance. Then I talked about this cold weather and not doing anything . Instead of playing ball 4 nights a week for 3 hours a night(like when I was younger)...I do nothing and having even lifted a thing for almost 5 years in teh gym...still do probably do more manual work than many my age.

Anyway, yes...I can see some advantages of retirement. Kim says she needs to stay in teh area for almost two years and then who knows?

Only question in this game is will the Paint Crew remember how to get to the arena. It's been awhile!

kim tells me to retire as well. just left teh doc and told him he was going to chuckle with what I brought him. Co-workers...well, they sit close to me thought the doc would be insulted with the data I took him since September 15. Instead, he asked if he could keep it. Blood sugar was great. Talked about the difference between my average reading in the morning that predicted an A1C of 5.2 adn the actual 5.7...and me not catching the peaks or sampling the highs by only taking the morning data. Suggested if interested I take an hour before eating and an hour after eating to see my peaks and such. Showed my tracking of weight loss on blood sugar and how I still have a large std deviation of readings relative to my weight being the same. Talked aobut someday I might not be able to control teh blood sugar as well with a slight upwards trend even with less weight (telling me I have what I have an soon it will be even harder to control with the right eating. His dad was an engineer in product assurance. Then I talked about this cold weather and not doing anything . Instead of playing ball 4 nights a week for 3 hours a night(like when I was younger)...I do nothing and having even lifted a thing for almost 5 years in teh gym...still do probably do more manual work than many my age.

Anyway, yes...I can see some advantages of retirement. Kim says she needs to stay in teh area for almost two years and then who knows?
*HUG* ... I'm in AZ and my wife is in IN ...I know *sigh* ... but she is younger, loves her job, is awesome at it, brings value to many people, and provides great insurance. It is what it is. We make it work for a year or two. I decided to teach two classes this semester just because I can and I love doing it. Not a huge demand. I am at a time in my life when my life can be modified to fit the money ... a LOT less stress than working and trying to be happy while doing it. Life when warm, with dogs, water, power, .... hell yeah.

AND!! Plenty of time to walk, grocery shop for the good stuff, cook the good stuff.

No TV from what I can find. Anybody got an idea here?

I just hope PJ keeps his flu to himself. I can see the team getting sick and being under the weather for this one. If we are healthy, this could be a beat down.

I'm definitely not looking forward to tonight's contest. Purdue shouldn't be challenged much, if it all? Congrats on a great season and wish the Boilers the best in the conference championship race and NCAA's.
On, Wisconsin!

A1C readings should smooth the peaks and valleys. But, I'm sure you already know that.

I'm definitely not looking forward to tonight's contest. Purdue shouldn't be challenged much, if it all? Congrats on a great season and wish the Boilers the best in the conference championship race and NCAA's.
On, Wisconsin!
Thanks,
BTW once Purdue was out of it, I was typically pulling for ya'll back in the strong years.

I predict a major ass kicking for Bucky.
Boilers are hitting on all cylinders right now.
Boilers 87
Whisky 57

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT