ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs NO game predictions...

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Tomorrow marks a much needed home game to regain that spring in our step due to a friendly Mackey arena crowd.

I see Purdue controlling the tip, making a 3, and never looking back. The game is over by halftime which allows Zach to reduce his minutes paving the way for TKR, Jenkins, and Furst to dominate the second half. Look for Newman and Waddell to also get more minutes after Smith and Loyer get their points in the first half. Will give the entire team a boost just before the holiday as a Mackey-friendly crowd cheers the Boilers on to a victory, a 15-0 start (our first for this season), and continued #1 ranking heading into CHRISTmas!!

How do you see it playing out?

Tomorrow marks a much needed home game to regain that spring in our step due to a friendly Mackey arena crowd.

I see Purdue controlling the tip, making a 3, and never looking back. The game is over by halftime which allows Zach to reduce his minutes paving the way for TKR, Jenkins, and Furst to dominate the second half. Look for Newman and Waddell to also get more minutes after Smith and Loyer get their points in the first half. Will give the entire team a boost just before the holiday as a Mackey-friendly crowd cheers the Boilers on to a victory, a 15-0 start (our first for this season), and continued #1 ranking heading into CHRISTmas!!

It'd be nice to see 10-15 3's go down. The last 2 games are likely an outlier, but this team needs Newman, Jenkins, Gillis, Loyer, and Smith to be 35% or above to hit their potential and stay a top 5 team. I think all of those guys are more than capable of that too with the looks they've been getting.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

It'd be nice to see 10-15 3's go down. The last 2 games are likely an outlier, but this team needs Newman, Jenkins, Gillis, Loyer, and Smith to be 35% or above to hit their potential and stay a top 5 team. I think all of those guys are more than capable of that too with the looks they've been getting.
You nailed it saying: "with the looks they've been getting." That along with winning the ugly games gives me solid confidence.

Reactions: Roeder

The most important question, obviously, is has this guy has been spotted in WL today?

usa-today-17404460.0.jpg

I rarely go into a game assuming victory, but I am confident tonight. I expect that Purdue wins by 25 or more.

I just know a lot of teams lost “easy” games yesterday.

Mississippi State to Drake
Ole Miss to North Alabama
Oregon to Utah Valley
Northwestern State gave Baylor a fight
Montana have Gonzaga a fight too

I just know a lot of teams lost “easy” games yesterday.

Mississippi State to Drake
Ole Miss to North Alabama
Oregon to Utah Valley
Northwestern State gave Baylor a fight
Montana have Gonzaga a fight too
Fair point, but I looked through New Orleans game log and I really will be surprised if Purdue loses this game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
All the Purdue players that shot so terribly last game will be out to show they still have the touch. Motivated 3-pt shooters will drown NO in the first 5 minutes. Lots of time for the bench players. Lots of fun in the dome.

The most important question, obviously, is has this guy has been spotted in WL today?

usa-today-17404460.0.jpg

GGPS activated - hopefully I can include in the Game Thread intro, New Pal.
dunno.gif

He did the game in Bloomington last night with Ek and Szelc....not a good sign. Would be three straight Purdue games I think, otherwise.

I predict if the Boilers don’t shoot a respectable percentage from deep then a few posters on here will become much more vocal.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT