ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs ND predictions

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Didn't see a string for this. What is your score and thoughts?

Purdue 28 ND 24

This will likely be close either way. Yes, ND has better recruited talent across the board with exceptions of Karlaftis and Bell, yet find ways to underperform the last two games.
I believe they'll pick it up against Big Ten and old rival Purdue. They'll lead the first half by 7-10 points, then Purdue will air it out in catch up and surpass them in the end.
All the "Ifs count":
If Purdue plays smart and minimizes stupid penalties (S.T. coach Biagi and players) no personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct, we have a chance.
If Purdue wins the turnover margin OR plays it even to ND, we have a chance.
If we capitalize on a handful of trick or deceptive plays, we can win.

On a personal level, I'd love to see Purdue beat the brakes off of ND ala Tiller style 2004. We'd have to have all things going our way to make that happen. Sad part is we don't have a solid ground game and the OL will likely have a hard time opening holes to make it happen. We can still dream.

Didn't see a string for this. What is your score and thoughts?

Purdue 28 ND 24

This will likely be close either way. Yes, ND has better recruited talent across the board with exceptions of Karlaftis and Bell, yet find ways to underperform the last two games.
I believe they'll pick it up against Big Ten and old rival Purdue. They'll lead the first half by 7-10 points, then Purdue will air it out in catch up and surpass them in the end.
All the "Ifs count":
If Purdue plays smart and minimizes stupid penalties (S.T. coach Biagi and players) no personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct, we have a chance.
If Purdue wins the turnover margin OR plays it even to ND, we have a chance.
If we capitalize on a handful of trick or deceptive plays, we can win.

On a personal level, I'd love to see Purdue beat the brakes off of ND ala Tiller style 2004. We'd have to have all things going our way to make that happen. Sad part is we don't have a solid ground game and the OL will likely have a hard time opening holes to make it happen. We can still dream.

We may keep this close for a while but in the end I think ND wins by at least 10. I don't think we can match up in many spots. I expect no run game at all and Plummer to be under extreme pressure. Their TE is going to kill us and I am scared to death of them putting in a QB to run. If we can really protect Plummer and manufacture a ton of pressure on Coan and force a couple turnovers we may have a shot.

31-17 ND

ND 24 Purdue 21

I know ND is down, but I'm not confident in O-line play or depth anywhere but QB or maybe safety. I think they wear Purdue down in the trenches and sneak away with one late. I hope I'm wrong and can't wait for tomorrow though.

Kevin Bowen on The Fan Morning Show is huge ND fan and thinks they will use their All-American safety to help double cover whatever corner is on Bell. They did same thing with Michael Pittman Jr a few years back and had success. I know nothing about ND, but thought that was interesting wrinkle to think about. Maybe that means a big day for Durham? A WR other than Bell will likely need to step up on Saturday to get a win.

ND 24 Purdue 21

I know ND is down, but I'm not confident in O-line play or depth anywhere but QB or maybe safety. I think they wear Purdue down in the trenches and sneak away with one late. I hope I'm wrong and can't wait for tomorrow though.

Kevin Bowen on The Fan Morning Show is huge ND fan and thinks they will use their All-American safety to help double cover whatever corner is on Bell. They did same thing with Michael Pittman Jr a few years back and had success. I know nothing about ND, but thought that was interesting wrinkle to think about. Maybe that means a big day for Durham? A WR other than Bell will likely need to step up on Saturday to get a win.
They're going to have to double cover Bell. Their safeties are really good. But their corners are questionable. They'll have to be careful about double covering Bell and leaving Durham open up the middle. He'll be a mismatch for linebackers, especially if they bring up the other safety to cover Doerue or Sheffield. In the end, Milton Wright, Sheffield, and Durham will have to make some big plays. And the OL will need to keep Plummer upright. Could be a big game for Sheffield and Durham on short routes.

They're going to have to double cover Bell. Their safeties are really good. But their corners are questionable. They'll have to be careful about double covering Bell and leaving Durham open up the middle. He'll be a mismatch for linebackers, especially if they bring up the other safety to cover Doerue or Sheffield. In the end, Milton Wright, Sheffield, and Durham will have to make some big plays. And the OL will need to keep Plummer upright. Could be a big game for Sheffield and Durham on short routes.
I think it'll be like the Giant's game last night, the visitors w/ OL ?'s play well vs a team w/ a strong DL to the end and do something ?able on an important play and give the home team a chance to win at the end. 30- 28 nd

Last edited:
We may keep this close for a while but in the end I think ND wins by at least 10. I don't think we can match up in many spots. I expect no run game at all and Plummer to be under extreme pressure. Their TE is going to kill us and I am scared to death of them putting in a QB to run. If we can really protect Plummer and manufacture a ton of pressure on Coan and force a couple turnovers we may have a shot.

31-17 ND
Pretty much my feeling. Without Horvath I just don't know if Purdue can do enough in the running game to keep the Irish defense honest.

I'd love to be wrong in this.

Reactions: mediaexpert
Pretty much my feeling. Without Horvath I just don't know if Purdue can do enough in the running game to keep the Irish defense honest.

I'd love to be wrong in this.
Purdue hasn't done much in the running game the past couple of years. That's not what will decide the game. It'll be Purdue's defense.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
If your team does win (sorry I can't stop laughing) will the score appear on the "accomplishment rings" like they did in 2007?

If your team does win (sorry I can't stop laughing) will the score appear on the "accomplishment rings" like they did in 2007?
Or the “accomplishment rings” from 2004?!?

Did you buy one of those off EBay as a keep sake for your joke?

Will you be back here tomorrow if Purdue wins,or are you a typical Irish blowhard?And Rudy is a lousy movie.
Sure I’d love to comeback tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow hope any of you going to SB will enjoy the campus and game ( well not too much of the game). Hope you all beat up on Ohio State and IU.

Another classy ND fan. And a lot of you wonder why so many fans from other teams hate you...
And he likely didn't even go there and has never even been the campus. It's a common theme in south bend that thankfully I escaped from a long time ago. They do a great job of uniting people against them though I will give them that.

And he likely didn't even go there and has never even been the campus. It's a common theme in south bend that thankfully I escaped from a long time ago. They do a great job of uniting people against them though I will give them that.
ND subway alumni’s are the biggest pricks of them all.

ND 34-20.. Hate saying that!!!! But our Offensive line is still too much a work in progress! They have 10 sacks in 2 games! Now if we can create turnovers early and keep to a13-10 type halftime score.... We may have some hope! But if they come out and grab 14-0 type lead, their defense will lin their ears back and blitz all day long!! Just hoping the Brohm brothers have a great gameplay and offset their defensive weakness!!

ND 34-20.. Hate saying that!!!! But our Offensive line is still too much a work in progress! They have 10 sacks in 2 games! Now if we can create turnovers early and keep to a13-10 type halftime score.... We may have some hope! But if they come out and grab 14-0 type lead, their defense will lin their ears back and blitz all day long!! Just hoping the Brohm brothers have a great gameplay and offset their defensive weakness!!
Agree in that we’ll struggle in the running game. If we can keep the score close at half, look for a passing game that can be as effective as the run. Hitting the edges and underneath routes with occasional shots. That can bring us the W in a close game at the finish. 28-24 Purdue.
Hope Purdue stays disciplined on D and no stupid penalties giving up field position.

31-17 ND
And they will press our receivers at the line which has usually neutralized us. Don’t see us scoring 20.

Yeah, I can see this unfolding, too. There could be a lot of three-and-outs if Purdue's passing isn't clicking. That would put the defense in a very difficult position.

Hoping for the best. If nothing else, this game should give us a better sense of where the team is at.

If we can really protect Plummer and manufacture a ton of pressure on Coan and force a couple turnovers we may have a shot.

31-17 ND

If we do that we likely win. There are few great job protecting Plummer, force a couple turnovers, harass the QB all day and lose scenarios. This isn't a David vs Goliath game, one team has more talent but it's not some egregious gap

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
If we do that we likely win. There are few great job protecting Plummer, force a couple turnovers, harass the QB all day and lose scenarios. This isn't a David vs Goliath game, one team has more talent but it's not some egregious gap
Wright w/ a big game today.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT