ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Louisville VB

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
At 15 min TO, Lousville ahead 15-11. Ellis had several errors not hitting in court. Renner again not playing.

Louisville won first set 25-19 and now ahead in the second set 12-7 after a 4-0 run. Shondell calls a TO.

Now Louisville by 18-14. Purdue making more than normal service errors and net violations. Can't afford to give this point. LV amazingly has seven blocks to our one.

LV wins 25-21. Eva Hudson having a subpar game with only 6 kills hitting 0.150%. Ellis only 2 kills hitting 0.143%. Purdue 13 errors compared to 8 for LV. We need to play a lot better to take the final 3 matches.

Purdue finally has lead 15-13 and LV calls TO. Koch has 10 kills and Hudson has zoomed up to 11. LV only hitting 0.103 this set.

LV has taken 20-18 lead and Dave calls his last TO. Purdue has made some incredible plays but damn, LV is good.

Tightly contested 3rd set that ended on a disputed long ball challenged by Dave Shondell for a touch but the original call stood. LV wins the set 25-23 and sweeps the match.

End of the road for the seniors unless some decide to come back for a 5th year. Next year I think we will be better than our record this year of 21-11.

Tightly contested 3rd set that ended on a disputed long ball challenged by Dave Shondell for a touch but the original call stood. LV wins the set 25-23 and sweeps the match.

End of the road for the seniors unless some decide to come back for a 5th year. Next year I think we will be better than our record this year of 21-11.

I really hope Maddie Schermerhorn returns. She would anchor the team so well. If she doesn’t, who is our libero-in-waiting?
I do not know for certain who would take over the libero position if Schermerhorn chooses to not return but possibilities are Ali Hornung, who filled in for Schermerhorn while she was injured, or incoming freshman Julia Kane who has played libero for her club team the last two years. I know Dave was very complimentary of Ali's play during her substitution for Maddie.

And of course there is always the possibility of a portal player.

Reactions: JeffBoiler

(Not sure why this post insists on being all bold. Have tried to change it numerous times but will not behave. Sigh)​

Boy, looking at the Sweet Sixteen, the Big Ten really got screwed with Ohio State facing Minnesota AND Wisconsin facing Penn State just to get into the finals of the regionals (Great Eight). And then the winner of OSU vs Minn probably faces Texas to get to the Final Four.​

Is this set up to be sure not too many Big Ten teams get to the FF? I think the committee already showed bias by having more SEC teams (7) in the tournament than Big Ten teams (6) even though only 2 of the SEC teams are ranked in the Top 20 teams vs all 6 of the Big Ten teams.

Louisville is a very, very talented team. It will be interesting to see LV go against Nekbraska to go to the FF or Wisconsin/Ohio State in the FF if it ends up that way. I am pretty sure LV would/will beat Penn State or Minnesota.​

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffBoiler
I really hope Maddie Schermerhorn returns. She would anchor the team so well. If she doesn’t, who is our libero-in-waiting?
I’ve said the same thing numerous times about Maddie returning. She lost a year of starting because Otec returned the extra year, I hope Coach gives her the option to come back. As for others returning, maybe 1 of Ellis, Koch, Chinn return, some either or told there’s no room or transfer for a 5th season elsewhere, I could see Ellis for sure doing that. Emma is inconsistent, when on she’s great, when she isn’t she struggles, maybe that’s because of on again/off again PT. She could be a great get for a solid program looking for a experienced hitter.

Reactions: Boilermb and DocRon
Dave just posted that next year’s schedule, when finalized, will be even stiffer than this year’s. “At least four pre-conference matches and six (or more) B1G contests vs. 2022 sweet 16 teams. Buckle-up.

Now Louisville by 18-14. Purdue making more than normal service errors and net violations. Can't afford to give this point. LV amazingly has seven blocks to our one.
Dave just posted that next year’s schedule, when finalized, will be even stiffer than this year’s. “At least four pre-conference matches and six (or more) B1G contests vs. 2022 sweet 16 teams. Buckle-up.

Hope that McCutcheon girl is the real deal. Who do they lose to graduation?
Boiler Up!
Balensiefer and Clayton were grad transfers so they are done. The rest of the seniors - Torrance, Chinn, Koch, Ellis and Schermerhorn - are, I think, all eligible to return for a COVID year If Coach wants to make space for them. I am pretty certain most will not return but holding out hope for, at the least, Schermerhorn as she will be hard to replace at the libero position.

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT