ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs FAU Game Thread

I feel guilty about this win

I don't think I've ever felt embarrassed by a Purdue win. Tonight made it a first.

After shitting the bed in epic fashion last week, I thought there was no way they could lose this game. That they would be so motivated to prove everyone wrong they'd come out on fire and destroy FAU.

This "win" tells me everything I need to know about the character of the team as well as the quality of the coaching staff in getting the team ready to play.

My guess is they felt they got shafted last week and instead of learning from their own mistakes that actually cost them the game, they focused on how bad they got screwed.

Dodged a bullet! This loss would have been hard to explain. FAU almost had 2 more scores and a win. The penalty and interception saved us. So who wants to blame the refs today? Probably FAU fans

My thoughts from last night:

The defense looked completely uninspired. They did make a handful of big plays, including a 3rd and long stop in the 1st half that kept them from going for it on 4th. Then a good stop that forced a field goal. But outside of those and the final play by Wahlberg, it was pretty vanilla.

Burton played decent minus the one stupid pass. Missed a couple easy throws too, one to Durham early that I remember. Before the Sheffield TD I said out loud that only 2 people should touch the ball, Jones and Mockabee. Shows what I know.

I heart Mockabee.

In the end, a win is a win, I guess. It sure would be nice to get Graham back. The linebackers are just weak. And the line produced almost no pressure all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT