ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue VB sweeps Northern Kentucky 3-0

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
But the Boilers struggled, especially in the 2nd set. Lots of errors in that set let Northern Kentucky lead throughout much of the set until the end when Hudson, Ellis and Colvin put it away. Hudson continues her magnificent freshman season with 15 kills, 2 aces, 3 blocks, 8 digs and only 1 error for a hitting % of 0.500. Purdue hit 0.316% vs 0.063% for Northern Kentucky.

Koch played with 6 kills but also 4 errors. Chinn was not to be seen due to her injury. Ball State on Saturday will be tougher.

Last edited:
Northern Kentucky is now 1-9, they’ve played a heckuve schedule though, had some close games against ranked teams, took #21 Western Kentucky to 5 sets. Not sure what conference they’re in but they’ve helped themselves prepare that’s for sure.

Also later last night and on their home court, #6 Minnesota WVB lost to #22 Pepperdine in 4 sets. The Gophers took the first set and then lost 3 straight.

Maybe they are not as good as many thought, now that they finally no longer have Stephanie Samedy. She was so exceptional. Our Eva Hudson may be in the same class.

What amazes me about Hudson is her consistency. Most good VB players have sets where they more or less disappear but if Eva has had a set like that I have not seen it. And she seems (and people say) that she is so calm and even-tempered. She will end up holding manny records here, God willing that injuries do not intervene.

And I want to add that Hudson leads the conference individually in both kills (4.81/set) and points (5.39/set) by a pretty impressive margin (0.40 for kills and 0.43 for points). I am not sure if these stats include last night's N. Kentucky game but if it does not she exceeded both of her averages last night.

Last edited:
But the Boilers struggled, especially in the 2nd set. Lots of errors in that set let Northern Kentucky lead throughout much of the set until the end when Hudson, Ellis and Colvin put it away. Hudson continues her magnificent freshman season with 15 kills, 2 aces, 3 blocks, 8 digs and only 1 error for a hitting % of 0.500. Purdue hit 0.316% vs 0.063% for Northern Kentucky.

Koch played with 6 kills but also 4 errors. Chinn was not to be seen due to her injury. Ball State on Saturday will be tougher.

Reactions: DocRon
Thanks. I did not see that on BIg Ten Plus. Were you there? If so, Lucky You and Envious Me.
Started season volleyball tickets when Dave Shondell hired as Purdue coach. Knew about his high school and AAU successes in the Muncie area, and season tickets were ridiculously inexpensive compared to both MBB and WBB. Could not believe women's VB was such a fast, athletic sport, and the entertainment value was way off the charts. Have not missed a home game since the 2003 season! :)

Forgot to mention I live in Lafayette, and it is easy for me to get to many Purdue home athletic events. Part of the reason why I decided a long time ago, that Lafayette was an excellent community to raise a family. Moved to Lafayette in December 1969 with my wife and two small children, ages 7 and 5.

Reactions: Purdue80 and DocRon
Forgot to mention I live in Lafayette, and it is easy for me to get to many Purdue home athletic events. Part of the reason why I decided a long time ago, that Lafayette was an excellent community to raise a family. Moved to Lafayette in December 1969 with my wife and two small children, ages 7 and 5.
Wow, you are a lucky bum and you made the right choices. I have always told my wife that the only place I would ever give up my practice to live in would be W. Lafayette. But to leave a very busy office/ER practice and the place where my two daughters were planted never seemed opportune.

We used to make the 5 hr one-way trip and back but to make that trip and arrange housing just became impractical once we were living on a retiree’s income, along with COVID etc. Now we enjoy the games on the networks or BIG Ten Plus but wish we were there. I will think of you tomorrow at 4PM.

Northern Ky beat Ball State today in 5 sets, like I said yesterday, they’re not as bad as that 1-9 record indicates.

Started season volleyball tickets when Dave Shondell hired as Purdue coach. Knew about his high school and AAU successes in the Muncie area, and season tickets were ridiculously inexpensive compared to both MBB and WBB. Could not believe women's VB was such a fast, athletic sport, and the entertainment value was way off the charts. Have not missed a home game since the 2003 season! :)
I just started Purdue volleyball season tickets in 2021. Making my first trip of the season today for the game vs Ball State. Really looking forward to it!

Wow, you are a lucky bum and you made the right choices. I have always told my wife that the only place I would ever give up my practice to live in would be W. Lafayette. But to leave a very busy office/ER practice and the place where my two daughters were planted never seemed opportune.

We used to make the 5 hr one-way trip and back but to make that trip and arrange housing just became impractical once we were living on a retiree’s income, along with COVID etc. Now we enjoy the games on the networks or BIG Ten Plus but wish we were there. I will think of you tomorrow at 4PM.
We are in Georgia. Made the IU bball senior game last March. Great to be back. Wish I could see the ladies play. BIG plus is doing a better job too. I don’t have to take take motion sickness pills to watch anymore!

We discontinued our MBB season tickets this year (revolt against NIL), and we will discontinue our Football season tickets after this season completes. We will retain WBB season tickets so we can follow in person as Katie Gearlds rebuilds WBB, and, naturally, we will retain VB season tickets to take advantage of the personal enjoyment of following Dave Shondell's teams. Our grandchildren gave us a large screen TV for Christmas 2020, and we are good to go to follow the Boilers on TV like we did when we first moved to Lafayette in 1969, although TV technology has greatly improved since then!!! :)

I really appreciate your notes on VB! Thank you very much!!!

ADVERTISEMENT