ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue VB had no answer for Penn State’s Kash Williams (22 kills) last night.

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Her play and athleticism was as beautiful as she is.

But you cannot blame it on Maddie Schermerhorn. She was flying all over the place and collected 25 digs.

Given our upcoming schedule, the likelihood of Purdue hosting for the first round of the NCAA seems more and more remote. Bummer.

I think we played at a high level for a change any it still wasn’t enough.

Schermerhorn was very good.

We just don’t play fast enough and the opposing block just has too much time to react and set up. Don’t want to put the blame on Renner / coaching but the passing was good enough and we still could not keep PSU off balance.

We will make the tourney but not host IMO

The amazing thing is that in the two games before ours, Kash only had 7 and 8 kills. Then she gets 22 against us. Is that our D? Someone who understands VB better than me needs to explain.

I agree we will not host.

I do not claim to know a lot about volleyball at the collegiate level, BUT if nearly every week the player of the week is getting it off playing you, you have a defense problem imho

Reactions: DocRon
I do not claim to know a lot about volleyball at the collegiate level, BUT if nearly every week the player of the week is getting it off playing you, you have a defense problem imho
I have thought the same, Michael. But Shondell says he believes our defense is playing well..

I think we do not serve near tough enough leaving the opposing setter too many options.

Don’t know if there is a public stat for how many times we are in system vs the opponent.

Went to the MSU vs Northwestern match last Saturday. Don’t know how we could have possibly lost to that NW team, they were awful! I heard they lost their setter and a DS was forced into the setting role. I know their starting setter was out against us but do not know if they have also lost their bU setter.

Just looked it up, NW has lost their #1-2 setters. That is tough!

Last edited:
Reactions: DocRon and Boilermb
I think we do not serve near tough enough leaving the opposing setter too many options.

Don’t know if their is a public stat for how many times we are in system vs the opponent.

Went to the MSU vs Northwestern match last Saturday. Don’t know how we could have possibly lost to that NW team, they were awful! I heard they lost their setter and a DS was forced into the setting role. I know their starting setter was out against us but do not know if they have also lost their bU setter.

Just looked it up, NW has lost their #1-2 setters. That is tough!
Would love to see such a stat (times in system).

ADVERTISEMENT