ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Michigan Game Thread

Great performance by the bench tonight!!! Jenkins was huge all night spelling Smith and hitting two big threes. Newman was locked in all night except for two possessions and welcome back TKR WOW what a great game. Best of the season for him imo. And of course Gillis just being an absolute menace to whoever he encountered!

Other than the last few seconds, how wild is it that we were on the road in the Big Ten and never really that worried? That's crazy, I really thought this was one we could lose. I thought they were going to have Dickinson draining threes all night an pull Zach out into trouble, but Zach handled all of that really well. Great win!

Great performance by the bench tonight!!! Jenkins was huge all night spelling Smith and hitting two big threes. Newman was locked in all night except for two possessions and welcome back TKR WOW what a great game. Best of the season for him imo. And of course Gillis just being an absolute menace to whoever he encountered!
Thought Jenkins had a 2&3. Purdue needs another shooter nobody is concerned

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Jenkins and TKR were each 1 bucket from having 5 players in double figures.

Other than the last few seconds, how wild is it that we were on the road in the Big Ten and never really that worried? That's crazy, I really thought this was one we could lose. I thought they were going to have Dickinson draining threes all night an pull Zach out into trouble, but Zach handled all of that really well. Great win!
This team is smart, poised and typically does what they can do. Zach passed up a lot of drop steps on left side and had trouble passing over the Dick. This is a team!

great post, was going to say the same

23 points - 14 boards from Purdue's bench......big key and much needed production to keep the Wolverines at a distance. Loyer with 17 like a church mouse.....wow.
He was VERY cerebral tonight, especially in reading the passes out of the double on much. I thought at half Braden got some rest and should be ready to play hard the second half

It may look like Purdue let them back in the game but those refs tried like hell all night to keep Michigan in the game by not calling the obvious! So frustrating to watch our bigs get held and grabbed but dickhead can do whatever he wants out there, so over the bs big ten officiating.

Seemed like Furst was primarily guarding Dickinson a lot of the night to prevent that. And Zach was playing a one man zone. Come to think of it, not sure who that left open on Michigan….

Reactions: mean_gene
Cool thing I didn't realize is at the half way point of the BIG schedule Purdue has already played 6 of their 10 road games. Only 4 more road trips left in the season.
Also Purdue hasn't had either of their 2 "bye" weeks yet. The last scheduling gauntlet I see for the rest of the season started tonight and goes through Mich st, penn st then finishes at IU. After the IU game, Purdue gets its first bye week. Make it through this stretch at better than .500 and the team will be set up for a great shot at the BIG reg season title.

Refs literally standing right by the play watching it smh what a joke man!

Exhibit A, your Honor.

UntriedEvergreenLice-max-1mb.gif

Nah just get the 3
after the rebound had Purdue got the rebound. I think the shot was at the top of the key rather than baseline as I was worried about a rushed shot for a runout. I was wanting Zach on the blocks ball side, another player in corner ball side, fletch taking it out Caleb on top of key and braden between Fletcher and Caleb. Braden runs towards fletch and then baseline to curl and set backscreen for Caleb to get lob from Fletcher. I would like Braden to be the passer instead of Fletch, but Braden was going to bring with him a smaller player....

Two threes and two FT's for 8 pts
Missed a 3 ball somehow??? It will be wonderful if he can give a really good 12 or so minutes from here on out and shoot well. It would allow Braden to be more fresh at closing time. Jenkins has been a good player for Purdue in that he is all team and does as well as he is capable. 8 pts from him is gravy allows Braden more energy to finish and the next game and so forth.

Cool thing I didn't realize is at the half way point of the BIG schedule Purdue has already played 6 of their 10 road games. Only 4 more road trips left in the season.
Also Purdue hasn't had either of their 2 "bye" weeks yet. The last scheduling gauntlet I see for the rest of the season started tonight and goes through Mich st, penn st then finishes at IU. After the IU game, Purdue gets its first bye week. Make it through this stretch at better than .500 and the team will be set up for a great shot at the BIG reg season title.
This team plays smart...sometimes gets careless, but they know how to play. most turnovers were careless with my first impression of Jenkins passing on a breakaway to Brandon not smart, but had Brandon not got tripped it might not have looked quite as bad. Still, the game just needed to be closed and the possession not only did NOT eat clock, but Purdue didn't even get a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poprudy and drewjin
Seemed like Furst was primarily guarding Dickinson a lot of the night to prevent that. And Zach was playing a one man zone. Come to think of it, not sure who that left open on Michigan….
Furst guarded Dick when Reed was in the game. Edey was guarding Reed in those situations, a lot of which was down the stretch. Rafferty was trying to make a big deal out of it without explaining the why. Dick was going to be on the perimeter as they were trying to come back from down 9, in order to shoot 3s and set illegal screens.

ADVERTISEMENT