ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Florida State (Game Thread - 2022 Big Ten/ACC Challenge)

Ugly but lucky to be up by 2. They didn’t have Green last year. We need to contain him.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Have to be 10 points better on the road to offset the calls. They are hanging around. Danger Will Robinson!
Purdue is hunted and needs to understand they will get the best shot of the other team. Purdue is softer than FSU this game and suspect FSU is shooting better than previous. Embrace the physical part of the game and out work them. Can’t worry about the refs …they are what they are. Need to get this win on another teams court for a first for 5 of the players and build on that because other gyms will be more hostile

Painter's gonna chew some ace and we'll come out stronger second half especially smith
Doubt he does that with this young of a team and 4 players the first time playing in college on another teams court. Think he will be firm and straight forward just telling it like it is

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Wtf so you can just rattle the rim at any point as long as the shot isn’t in the air? Is that an actual rule? We are totally not taking advantage of Edey to the fullest on defense.
Seriously. I’d like to revisit this sometime.
Just start every defensive possession with a thunderous backboard shaking dunk.

Reactions: Schnelk
Out rebounded them 25-15. 8 turnovers and 5 missed FTs killer. 3-10 from 3.

At least half of those turnovers, maybe even five were just giveaways.....we'll see ow they come out in the second half......need a couple other guys to really step up. Florida State is competing, but they're not doing anything extraordinary, IMO.

Seriously. I’d like to revisit this sometime.
Just start every defensive possession with a thunderous backboard shaking dunk.

I think grabbing the net before the ball is shot is technically ok - but if the board is shaking like that - I think it should be a goal-tend/basket interference.

Purdue is a subpar front runner. It's probably because we've rarely been in that position. I stand by my "I'd rather be ranked 21" statement earlier this week. 😄

Hopefully the guys can right the ship in the second half.

Reactions: Lionheart1
At least half of those turnovers, maybe even five were just giveaways.....we'll see ow they come out in the second half......need a couple other guys to really step up. Florida State is competing, but they're not doing anything extraordinary, IMO.
Let’s see how Purdue starts. First half were goaded into some 3s that were open, but left Zach out and set a finesse tone while FSU was more aggressive physically

ADVERTISEMENT