ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ Texas A&M

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Leading 26-22 at half. Both teams rusty as all get out. First team to 50 wins?

TAM playing with only 2 on bench who can play but no one is serious foul trouble. Madison Layden once again not playing.

PU shooting 31% and TAM 28%. Hardin, Ellis and Harper all lead scoring with 7.

Only 4 TOs for us vs 7 for TAM.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Leading 26-22 at half. Both teams rusty as all get out. First team to 50 wins?

TAM playing with only 2 on bench who can play but no one is serious foul trouble. Madison Layden once again not playing.

Tied with 5 mins to go. Petree keeps shooting and keeps missing. Purdue has only scored 2 pts so far in the 4th Q. TAM now dominating the boards.

59-53 final.

Not an impressive showing. When a player is 2-13 from the field - she needs to either stop shooting or sit. Smith and Harper won us this game. Smith was 4-8 with 8 pts in her limited time off the bench.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Purdue wins 59-53. Improves to 10-2. Next game is Iowa at Iowa which will be very tough.

Good game for Harper, Ellis and Hardin. Terry had a good game in D, rebounding and ball control.

Now on to Iowa at Iowa next week. That should be tough.

Wishing the players safe travel both to W Lafayette and their homes - beat the blizzard.

Unbelievable that she still has a green light. KG favoritism is hurting us. It's an off night. Pass it. or Sit.
KG believes the only bad shot for a shooter is the one she doesn't take. Unless Katie has a major change of coaching philosophy, you can expect nights like this for the rest of her time coaching at Purdue...... Its why Hardin still has the green light despite shooting about 27% against BT and other P5 schools. This is why she wants to field a whole squad of 6'-6'2" jump shooters..... an entire team that reminds her of herself as a player.

I didn't get to see the game unfortunately. But looking at the box score something really stood out to me. The ladies had 18 assists and only 8 turnovers while forcing 15 turnovers from their opponents. They didn't shoot well and were out rebounded. So I would guess taking care of the ball had a lot to do with the win in a true road game. 10-2 heading into Big Ten play.....I'll take that! The next game at Iowa and Caitlin Clark will be a tough one. But who knows.....it sure would be a huge win.

Last edited:
Unbelievable that she still has a green light. KG favoritism is hurting us. It's an off night. Pass it. or Sit.
While there's some merit to that thought, watching the game it looked like CKG wasn't too thrilled when Petre took shots early in the clock.

As to Michael's unending hatred of hardin she hit a big 3 late and provides a lot of effort on defense. She switched on to almost every AM player today.

While there's some merit to that thought, watching the game it looked like CKG wasn't too thrilled when Petre took shots early in the clock.

As to Michael's unending hatred of hardin she hit a big 3 late and provides a lot of effort on defense. She switched on to almost every AM player today.
I have never complained about Hardin's effort, its the results that I object to. 😁

I will readily agree that Hardin has a role on this team, but IMO its not starting, playing the most minutes last year in BT play or top three in minutes this year and taking double digit shots per game to hit 2 or 3 against most good teams.

Yes she switches 1-4 on defense, she can guard all 4 spots equally poorly. She gets lost on D too often and is easily posted up by bigs and blown by off the dribble by guards.

I will say this, she’s a good role player, done a nice job so far this year. Purdue does need Madison, hope she’s ok.
I am becoming concerned about Layden being out again. This is two weeks out with no news about why, way too similar to the situation last year at this time with Kyle for my comfort.

Reactions: DocRon
Kyle had an actual injury but then seemed to take forever to rehab. We don't know what is going on with Madison. I too am worried and wonder if there may be some depression or anxiety. As I said before, in the last few games she played you almost never saw her smile.

Last edited:
Kyle had an actual injury but then seemed to take forever to rehab. We don't know what is going on with Madison. I too am worried and wonder if there may be some depression or anxiety. As I said before, in the last few games she played you almost never saw her smile.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT