ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Receives Votes in AP Poll

After a pair of wins over Top 25 opponents, Purdue women’s basketball receives 12 votes in the AP Top 25 poll this week.

Additionally, Illinois fell out of the rankings and Ohio State dropped to No. 10.

Purdue has a matchup with now No. 4 ranked Indiana on Saturday.
Best week for the women in many years, two improbably road wins, no one expected that! I said 20 wins would be a great year, looks like it could happen now. 20 wins gets them in the dance I’d imagine.

Best week for the women in many years, two improbably road wins, no one expected that! I said 20 wins would be a great year, looks like it could happen now. 20 wins gets them in the dance I’d imagine.
Have you noticed the absence of a certain so-often-negative member of our usual cast of characters this last week?

After a pair of wins over Top 25 opponents, Purdue women’s basketball receives 12 votes in the AP Top 25 poll this week.

Additionally, Illinois fell out of the rankings and Ohio State dropped to No. 10.

Purdue has a matchup with now No. 4 ranked Indiana on Saturday.
Saw a tweet yesterday from Purdue Athletics that “only 1500 tickets left” for the IU game Sunday.
Attendance figures (published) look better recently - about 5000+ for the last home game.
I bought tickets for the IU game a couple weeks ago to attend and meet up with an old classmate. At the time, I didn’t hold any illusions of this team being competitive with IU at all. Figured last year’s game was an anomaly.
Here’s hoping this “rebirth” inspired play continues - Won’t be surprised with a loss as long as they bring the energy & effort.

IU is a machine! (coached by a Boilermaker as CKG noted in her last show😊)

Reactions: Purdue80 and DocRon
Have you noticed the absence of a certain so-often-negative member of our usual cast of characters this last week?
Yes…maybe he’s been busy and has other things going on. I do wonder, if Purdue gets hammered in those games if there’s comments from the negative peanut gallery? Purdue played itself into a tourney team, let’s hope they build on it instead of squander the opportunity.

Reactions: DocRon
I also find it perplexing when someone who’s a Purdue fan that seemingly loves basketball says he doesn’t follow the top ranked men’s team but comments on a women’s game against a lesser big ten opponent. I enjoy basketball in general, however, there’s no comparison on what the better watch is, unless one has a friend or relative on the team not sure how anyone that is a Purdue fans says the things about the men’s game verse the women’s. To each their own but how someone can say that especially this year tells me they might not be much of a Purdue fan to begin with.

Reactions: DocRon
ADVERTISEMENT