ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue offer Roncali OL prospect

He may be related to Charles"alias Chick Lauck,who played for Notre Dame from 1965 through 1968.He played defensive end for the Irish after being an All State Fullback at Indianapolis Sacred Heartbefore the school changed its name :to John FKennedy High in 1965 then merged with Chartrand High in 1969 to become Roncalli.1969 was my Senior year at Roncalli.
Trevor is Chick's grandson. Believe Trevor would like to follow in Chick's path to ND but we will see if he gets that opportunity.

no no no no no no no.... has nothing to do with "height".

Offensive linemen MUST be 300#, or we shouldn't recruit them. They're ... "undersized" ... or something.

That's a forum RULE.

🤣

I know your just goofing, but with all the Back injuries and spread offenses taking over, I’m surprised we aren’t seeing offensive lineman getting smaller/slimmer.

I’m not smart enough to figure it out, but at some point additional weight has to be more of a detriment than an asset

Reactions: Purdue85
no no no no no no no.... has nothing to do with "height".

Offensive linemen MUST be 300#, or we shouldn't recruit them. They're ... "undersized" ... or something.

That's a forum RULE.

🤣

There is a Raising Cane’s on campus now. Problem solved

• Haha
Reactions: Evergr8ful
Trevor is Chick's grandson. Believe Trevor would like to follow in Chick's path to ND but we will see if he gets that opportunity.
Interestingly, today ND is holding their huge, 2023 prospect, “grill & chill.” It’s invite only & there are about two dozen recruits there, but surprisingly Lauck was not invited.
I say surprisingly because since it’s unofficials, all the recruits have to pay their own way (a lot flying in & staying overnight). So the fact that he is only a few hours away & didn’t get invited was a surprise to a lot of ND fans since there is no maximum on how many kids could come & he’s a local legacy.
Im personally surprised because I thought they would at least recruit him to keep him warm in case they decide to push for him later.
The fact he’s at Purdue today is a positive sign for Purdue.

I am so old that I can recall whwn his grandfather was an All State fullback for Indianapolis Sacred Heart High School and then watched him play defensive end for ND from 1966 through 1968.

I am so old that I can recall whwn his grandfather was an All State fullback for Indianapolis Sacred Heart High School and then watched him play defensive end for ND from 1966 through 1968.
Congrats, this forum decorum could use wisdom around here once in awhile to have sanity checks.
Especially this fool (me) for wanting an unnamed young man at another institution.

ADVERTISEMENT