ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue NIL Update

The number came from a source that is pretty close to the situation. Even if it was only $50K it was still impressive since he did it pretty much on his own.
It’s going to be very hard to find out who makes what. Even IU has kept it pretty quiet. Most of the big money is an outlier. Pack better be good for these crazy deals to keep going but I’m going to guess most kids will get their own deals. The collectives so far aren’t giving millions out. Most are smaller deals spread out. No real figures though.

It’s going to be very hard to find out who makes what. Even IU has kept it pretty quiet. Most of the big money is an outlier. Pack better be good for these crazy deals to keep going but I’m going to guess most kids will get their own deals. The collectives so far aren’t giving millions out. Most are smaller deals spread out. No real figures though.
That may be the case in basketball, but football collectives are giving out massive amounts of money.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Worthy of mention is a journal and courier article published this weekend expressing the same thoughts I expressed earlier that the JPC and alliance will be competing for the same donors’ dollars There are a lot of big renovation projects as part of the stadium and arena that the JPC is raising money for. This article pointed out that many donors have very mixed emotions about donating money to any NIL fund. The article hinted that Purdue alumni want to see tangible long lasting benefits for their donations rather than just giving that money to an athlete as an enticement to come to purdue

Worthy of mention is a journal and courier article published this weekend expressing the same thoughts I expressed earlier that the JPC and alliance will be competing for the same donors’ dollars There are a lot of big renovation projects as part of the stadium and arena that the JPC is raising money for. This article pointed out that many donors have very mixed emotions about donating money to any NIL fund. The article hinted that Purdue alumni want to see tangible long lasting benefits for their donations rather than just giving that money to an athlete as an enticement to come to purdue

And you were not the only person who had that concern.

My goodness, I hope you didn't break your arm patting yourself on the back here.

And you were not the only person who had that concern.

My goodness, I hope you didn't break your arm patting yourself on the back here.
No but I’m stating that many others besides myself have stated the exact same concerns. And that my ideas and posts are not as crazy as some here say they are. And I’m not FOS as some would proudly say multiple times!
Rather than bragging, I’m pointing out others share my same views!

you are hilarious. you block my posts, but then reply to them. Ironically it appears the only person disagreeing with my post is the person who has blocked me and supposedly can't read it. But that doesn't prevent him from bragging to the world he has blocked me and totally disagrees with anything and everything I say. let's humor him.

another poster (before my post) posed the question that people now would have a choice of where to give their money - to the JPC or this new collective. he stated, people may give to one at the expense of the other. and i agreed, that's a possibility that people might only give to one at the expense of the other, and not give to both. isn't the JPC a seperate, private entity?

We're talking Lafayette, IN. From a business perspective, the NIL is not about giving athletes $millions of money, even though several have received that much. . But rather to pay athletes to help market their product/company. This is not LA or Miami. I don't believe the big companies of Lafayette , IN are going to give a lot of money to a NIL collective when compared to what a corporation or private business in a major city would donate. I agree, people will donate, but not close to the amounts you are seeing being disclosed on the internet/media.

I also believe 90+% of other universities are in the same position Purdue is in. I can't see Iowa or Illinois or Indiana or mich St having a greater NIL than purdue. Will Shelly Long and Louis Dreyfort be huge conributers towards the northwestern NIL? I doubt it.

admittedly it's my opinion. I just don't see purdue alumni and Lafayette IN businesses giving out the same amount of money that other schools iin bigger communities do. I now live in lebanon, OH - the home town of Neil Armstrong. he gives his money to the local YMCA . that's a place he helped design, and create. is he going to turn his financial attention to Purdue ? or will he continue to suppot his local community?

I asked the obvious question 2 months ago and received no reply. I have to believe this site has the most passionate Purdue fans. the question i asked was how many of you have donated any money to a NIL, and how many of you plan to do so . I followed that question up with how many of you plan to donate over $1000 to a NIL ? and nobody replied. to me, that says you are passionate fans, but no way in france are you going to give up the type of money that people in LA give.

is Carsen Edwards or ivey going to chip in $2 million to our NIL collective? is painter or brohm? the local TV station? BOB Rohrman's son? I don't think so.

it was ano brainer for Pack. he took the money. there was no guarantee playing at purdue that he'd get drafted. So he took the money. if somebody associated with purdue offered him money, he probably would have chosen Purdue. he was smart. he accepted the money.

I share my opinions. I make predictions. I also do research. I think it's awesome purdue now has a NIL collective, and they created a job for somebody to manage it. BUT i have to ask the question, where is the money going to come from? I can see alumni contributing, but not the type of money that's being talked about. you might see a couple of players getting a Camry, or a rent free apartment. But i can't see the type of deals being given out that you are seeing being talked about. I'll ask again, where's this money coming from? popcorn sales?
He didn't reply to you. Yet you wrote a wall of words to someone who has you blocked. lol

Reactions: mathboy
This looks like the site for the new collective launched this month:

The number came from a source that is pretty close to the situation. Even if it was only $50K it was still impressive since he did it pretty much on his own.
You overlook the fact Purdue has been dominating football and basketball recruiting in the state, with emphasis on Indianapolis. There is lots of opportunity in Indy. Reportedly Sasha hustled his way to about $100K and that was without there even being a Purdue collective. There are lots of big dollar donors with Purdue ties. They like winning, but have never had the opportunity to legally help our teams. You sell Purdue way short.
Since this thread was bumped by another thread, linking the J&C article that came out last week pretty much proving Sasha didn’t get anywhere near 100k.

Eh, it was better back in the 80s when the Texas Governor was running the slush fund and boosters (picture JR Ewing) were going out on their own recruiting trips with duffel bags o’ cash.

We'll have another round of Bourbon & Branch, darlin....and here's a little somethin for you.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT