ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue loves Zion

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Zion Gunn new recruit commits + Zion Steptoe WR whom sounds like he’ll see the field this year as a contributor.

I personally like Zion as in National Park.
Just sayin’. Is this a coincidence?🤔

Plug for Zion NP here:
If you have never walked the Narrows in Zion, it is breathtaking. A true humbling, inspirational, and God like experience. Outfitters can provide you boots and neoprene socks along with walking sticks for sure footed and safest possible excursion.

Last edited:
I was talking to a coworker today who mentioned visiting Zion after watching a Utah Jazz game (he is trying to visit all the NBA arenas). I want to check Zion out. It looks like the Vegas airport is the best way to get there with a 2 hour drive.

Living in Las Vegas, I've visited many times and will now only visit in the Winter when you can drive your own car into the main canyon. Otherwise, driving from Las Vegas by the time you arrive all parking at the visitor's center will be taken. So you'll have to pay $25 or so to park in a lot in Springdale. Then you need to catch a free shuttle bus to the visitor center to catch another probably ovecrowded shuttle bus up the main canyon. You'll probably be unable to see anything out the windows, meaning you will have to get out at all of the stops to enjoy the views, and then hopefully be able to catch the next shuttle bus. It takes away any joy of seeing the gorgeous canyon.

If you stay at the lodge, you can drive your car to it and have to park there. At least now you're in the canyon and there are hikes nearby. And of course, you can ride those buses.

By the way, the drinking water in your glass at the restaurant at the lodge is the best I've had anywhere. It's delicious.

Alternatively, get a motel in Springdale. preferably within walking distance of the visitor's center. Then you'll probably be in a long line to catch the shuttle buses up the canyon when they start running.

Reactions: TX4GB
Living in Las Vegas, I've visited many times and will now only visit in the Winter when you can drive your own car into the main canyon. Otherwise, driving from Las Vegas by the time you arrive all parking at the visitor's center will be taken. So you'll have to pay $25 or so to park in a lot in Springdale. Then you need to catch a free shuttle bus to the visitor center to catch another probably ovecrowded shuttle bus up the main canyon. You'll probably be unable to see anything out the windows, meaning you will have to get out at all of the stops to enjoy the views, and then hopefully be able to catch the next shuttle bus. It takes away any joy of seeing the gorgeous canyon.

If you stay at the lodge, you can drive your car to it and have to park there. At least now you're in the canyon and there are hikes nearby. And of course, you can ride those buses.

By the way, the drinking water in your glass at the restaurant at the lodge is the best I've had anywhere. It's delicious.

Alternatively, get a motel in Springdale. preferably within walking distance of the visitor's center. Then you'll probably be in a long line to catch the shuttle buses up the canyon when they start running.
Did the Springdale in July mid-week for 3 days. It was busy, but wasn’t overcrowded so much that it ruined any experience. Tip - get up early to do any outfitter ticket items and start when they start. By 11 am to 12 pm, it was much more crowded for the remainder of the day.

We’ve been to about a dozen national parks the past couple of years including the Grand Canyon and Yosemite and Zion is our favorite. Wouldn’t mind retiring near there with skiing, Vegas, Bryce, etc all within a couple hours.

Here’s my Zion story:

We live in Montana. It was March 2019. My family (wife and two 3 year olds) drove 13 hrs to Springdale for a family reunion. We got in after 1am. I got 2 hrs of sleep, and at 3am drove to Vegas to catch a flight to Louisville. However, they were requesting people to take a bump, and when the offer got to $3,000, I took it. I flew to San Francisco, where my second flight was delayed. I landed in Indy, welcomed by a lot of snow/ice. I rented a car, drove to Louisville, and arrived at the arena 10 minutes after tipoff. I watched carsen go insane in the craziest basketball game I’ve ever been to. After the game, I drove to Cincinnati, utterly depressed. I slept in the Cincinnati airport and had an early morning flight back to Vegas. The next few days were enjoyable in Zion, but I honestly had bad basketball dreams for at least a week.

Zion Gunn new recruit commits + Zion Steptoe WR whom sounds like he’ll see the field this year as a contributor.

I personally like Zion as in National Park.
Just sayin’. Is this a coincidence?🤔

Plug for Zion NP here:
If you have never walked the Narrows in Zion, it is breathtaking. A true humbling, inspirational, and God like experience. Outfitters can provide you boots and neoprene socks along with walking sticks for sure footed and safest possible excursion.
Just produce and if your name is bill im good with it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT