ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Lands Amiyah Reynolds & Mila Reynolds

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
With her height and athleticism I’m sure she could be used in several different ways in the backcourt. She’s extremely quick - and I could def see her stepping in for Terry has a tall PG but one with a jump shot. Very exciting to see her grow with the program - hopefully she fully recovers from her foot injury - we don’t need her this upcoming year so hopefully she takes it slow and fully recovers.

Guessing Purdue brings in 1 more transfer, once again, aim high, starters minutes for a team that made the tourney are available.

So Amiyah makes the second player that may redshirt this coming year due to injury along with Sophie Swanson with her knee injury. We hope they both recover completely.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
I would say yes but it’ll depend on if we had anyone else via the portal. But those 8 will see significant playing time all year.
Thanks, you’re a really good info source, much appreciated, also, guessing 1 more player is added.

Purdue women’s basketball lands 2023 four-star Amiyah Reynolds and Maryland transfer and former four-star Mila Reynolds. The South Bend sisters will take their talents to West Lafayette.

It’s great for the program to have this Reynolds connection. Their Dad seems to be highly respected and appears to have some serious connections. To have 3 state champs, from the same school, now at this level is just unheard of. Impressive that these 2 sisters share a ring. History has been made in this program! The Reynolds legacy begins today. Boiler Up!

Sounds promising. My day one starting lineup is Harper, Layden, Smith, Ellis and Terry... But it may change by BT season

Sounds promising. My day one starting lineup is Harper, Layden, Smith, Ellis and Terry... But it may change by BT season
Are you feeling any better about CKG? You expressed some pretty strong concerns a while back about her coaching, ability to get qualified assistant coaches, recruiting, even her past performances as a Purdue All American…. Hope you have seen enough to let you enjoy this trip back to WBB relevance she is determined to lead us on. And really happy you sound a slight bit more encouraged with Katie. 🖤💛🖤💛

Are you feeling any better about CKG? You expressed some pretty strong concerns a while back about her coaching, ability to get qualified assistant coaches, recruiting, even her past performances as a Purdue All American…. Hope you have seen enough to let you enjoy t me his trip back to WBB relevance she is determined to lead us on. And really happy you sound a slight bit more encouraged with Katie. 🖤💛🖤💛
We will see where she is in three more years. I've said from the beginning it takes five years to evaluate a new coach. There are still positives and negatives with her as coach, but getting the assistant from Toledo makes me feel a little better about the staff changing from SVs staff along with some change and diversity of thought in the staff. Now let's overhaul the offense.

Reactions: DocRon
We will see where she is in three more years. I've said from the beginning it takes five years to evaluate a new coach. There are still positives and negatives with her as coach, but getting the assistant from Toledo makes me feel a little better about the staff changing from SVs staff along with some change and diversity of thought in the staff. Now let's overhaul the offense.
Still going to say its started the overhaul already. Way more plays, options, variations. I think you have the impression and its totally understandable to think this that it hasnt looked great or distinctly different is because of the low basketball iq CSV players still on the roster.

To me when you see Terry and Ellis out there they have a lot more freedom. but some of the other players revert to what they did under CSV. I think Traylor would have thrived with the freedom CKG gives players compared to the strict lines CSV kept her players in.

My best example is they dont run the dumb drive to the rim only to jump out of bounds and pass it to the corner where everyone knew it was going. That type of play still happens but it looks like there are more options and would probably happen less if Terry actually tried to score.

Still going to say its started the overhaul already. Way more plays, options, variations. I think you have the impression and its totally understandable to think this that it hasnt looked great or distinctly different is because of the low basketball iq CSV players still on the roster.

To me when you see Terry and Ellis out there they have a lot more freedom. but some of the other players revert to what they did under CSV. I think Traylor would have thrived with the freedom CKG gives players compared to the strict lines CSV kept her players in.

My best example is they dont run the dumb drive to the rim only to jump out of bounds and pass it to the corner where everyone knew it was going. That type of play still happens but it looks like there are more options and would probably happen less if Terry actually tried to score.
I hope it’s stressed to Terry that she needs to score a bit more, Iowa was leaving that SC guard wide open, she hit 3-4 three pointers, no reason why Terry can’t be a semi threat on offense.

Reactions: BoilerRingside
I hope it’s stressed to Terry that she needs to score a bit more, Iowa was leaving that SC guard wide open, she hit 3-4 three pointers, no reason why Terry can’t be a semi threat on offense.
Other than she doesn't have the skills to score the way you want AND run the offense efficiently.

As to your comments on the offense I am in near total agreement. The freedom CKG has given the players to shoot when they are open instead of always running clock and the removal of the drive into darkness with the crappy pass to the corner has given some less observant or knowledge fans the idea it's a different offense. It's still SVs offense at it's base and i'd like to see a motion or triangle type offense to give the athletes we are starting to get even freedom to create their own shots

Last edited:
Other than she doesn't have the skills to score the way you want AND run the offense efficiently.

As to your comments on the offense I am in near total agreement. The freedom CKG has given the players to sit when they are open instead of always running clock and the removal of the drive into darkness with the crappy pass to the corner has given some less observant or knowledge fans the idea it's a different offense. It's still SVs offense at it's base and i'd like to see a motion or triangle type offense to give the athletes we are starting to get even freedom to create their own shots
Fair points.

As to your comments on the offense I am in near total agreement. The freedom CKG has given the players to sit when they are open instead of always running clock and the removal of the drive into darkness with the crappy pass to the corner has given some less observant or knowledge fans the idea it's a different offense. It's still SVs offense at it's base and i'd like to see a motion or triangle type offense to give the athletes we are starting to get even freedom to create their own shots
Sometimes we have to play the cards we’re dealt. But looks like Coach Gearlds is working to strengthen our hand😉

Reactions: DocRon and Gesysp
Guessing Purdue brings in 1 more transfer, once again, aim high, starters minutes for a team that made the tourney are available.
I miss read your sentence, because my screen
wasn't maximized. What I read was.... Guessing Purdue brings in 1 more trans.... What? Then, I maximized
the page and saw ...transfer. Probably will happen in a year or two....LOL

I miss read your sentence, because my screen
wasn't maximized. What I read was.... Guessing Purdue brings in 1 more trans.... What? Then, I maximized
the page and saw ...transfer. Probably will happen in a year or two....LOL
That would be quite the news story, I’m sure this board would get a lot of traffic lol.

Reactions: Boilerupone
I’m finding it quite odd that Purdue hasn’t officially announced the Reynolds sisters’ and Harper’s signings. Any reason there’s a delay with this Dub?

Reactions: MichaelRR
Reynolds are officially on the roster, Harper not listed yet.
Yes it was officially announced yesterday - knowing PR - weird time to do it late Friday of a holiday weekend normally that is for announcing bad things. I’m expecting Harper’s will be announced next week.

Yes it was officially announced yesterday - knowing PR - weird time to do it late Friday of a holiday weekend normally that is for announcing bad things. I’m expecting Harper’s will be announced next week.
The old media dump lol…usually a political move in announcing something that they want to fly under the radar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT