ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue IU ticket prices

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
Tickets today show a price of roughly $600 + on stubhub. What would be considered a fair price per ticket for a seller and buyer sold to Purdue fans ONLY if buying two?

$600 it sounds like
Yes, but that "may" drop. I was trying to stay away from "market" pricing in my understanding this was between Purdue fans with the potential market reduced and not wanting to gouge the buyer or seller wiht some thought between actual ticket price per game and yet less than market price.

Yes, but that "may" drop. I was trying to stay away from "market" pricing in my understanding this was between Purdue fans with the potential market reduced and not wanting to gouge the buyer or seller wiht some thought between actual ticket price per game and yet less than market price.
So you're looking to cut out the middleman and you're just wondering what a fair price is?

So you're looking to cut out the middleman and you're just wondering what a fair price is?
but only to a Purdue fan...cutting the potential market down. I already have someone get with me and will take less than offered. here is what I wrote on another site...some due to not understanding how someone could miss the game.

"So a person has written and has offered more than I will take. He has already provided a picture and some info of being a Purdue fan. I understand all sides, but have no desire to maximize a profit through a Purdue fan in particular. Somehow selling them above the actual cost helps me deal with what must be like withdrawal from herion.

None of this is my choosing since I have probably missed either seeing in person, on TV, or listening to the radio maybe 2 games in half a century. It was like a knife through the heart when my brother-in-law called me to tell me he was having a surprise birthday party for my sister who will turn 80 on Feb 25.

I asked if he had already told many and he said yes...and already paid for the building rental. She came to my retirement party Kim had, and she is more similar to me than my other two sisters. She is my oldest sister and will turn 80 and although her health is good you never know about tomorrow as I prepare Saturday to go to a viewing of a young man that I told how proud I was of his efforts to improve his life and the life of his family that recently died in an auto accident.

I have no doubt my sister would want me to go to the game, but I shall never pass this way again and there will be other IU/Purdue games. FWIW, the game will be recorded and will try to catch a few minutes from time to time on my phone... :(

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Congrats to you for putting family above sports. As I move beyond turning 55 in January, it is TIME with family and friends that I cherish more and more each day.

I accept this life will come to an end someday but until then, live it to its fullest. What would be more fun is to sneak your sister out of the party and take her to the game.

The Purdue / IU game will not be the same without good people such as yourself but do enjoy your time with your sister.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
Congrats to you for putting family above sports. As I move beyond turning 55 in January, it is TIME with family and friends that I cherish more and more each day.
Thank you! I have wanted her and her husband to go sometime. She is an ex teacher (Butler grad) that when she retired 18 years ago she asked if she could have her calculus book she taught to keep her mind fresh. She has made me curtains, borders????, sewn various things for me and has a logical mind. I see some similarity in her and my daughter. Her daughter will be flying in from South Carolina and her husband ( a Purdue fan and grad) will be picking up their two daughters that are Butler Cheerleaders. There will be a Butler crowd that ask me about Purdue basketball and such...one of them a bird hunting friend of Mounts and so there will be a people I already know down in Columbus, IN that day. Had it been just a bit earlier in the day I could have made the game...

Seals and Croft....no, we won't pass this way again , embracing those closest to us as time becomes the most valued gift over all things....if people understood the truth of it all they would drop everything their doing and teshuvah ( turn around).....Jesus spoke Galilean Aramaic and after studying researching it for the past 5 years along with Greek and Hebrew , we have missed the whole point.....many will stand at the gate , but the whole one's are the ones who will enter and sit at The Table.

• Love
So you're trying to make a profit, but you don't want to be too greedy?? If so, sell them for $150 a piece.

So you're trying to make a profit, but you don't want to be too greedy?? If so, sell them for $150 a piece.
What I'm trying to do is to console my inability to go (read more on the thread) . I have already been offered a price in which I'm going to take less than offered. That person knows that. I have no doubt I could get more than I will take, but want to make sure it goes to a Purdue person to the best of my ability and being a Purdue person I'm willing to take something much less . There are a lot of valid reasons many have suggested on pricing with quite a range. I just need a day or some time trying to ensure this person is a purdue fan which a quick search indicates he is.

Bro, get creative. Put them up on a raffle or lottery, $5 a pop to win a ticket. Keep the money you wanted for the tickets and donate the rest to JPC or a charity.

• Haha
Bro, get creative. Put them up on a raffle or lottery, $5 a pop to win a ticket. Keep the money you wanted for the tickets and donate the rest to JPC or a charity.
I want a Purdue fan to enjoy the game

That is awesome what you are doing. I wish I had known earlier as I was planning to come up for a game. I settled on the OSU game as the tickets were affordable.

When I still lived in Indiana, I was buying some seats from a nice couple in Lebanon every season right behind the Purdue bench. I met them at a Purdue classic game and they offered them to me. Purdue people are really good people.

I hope you enjoy your birthday party and that Purdue picks up a win.

That is awesome what you are doing. I wish I had known earlier as I was planning to come up for a game. I settled on the OSU game as the tickets were affordable.

When I still lived in Indiana, I was buying some seats from a nice couple in Lebanon every season right behind the Purdue bench. I met them at a Purdue classic game and they offered them to me. Purdue people are really good people.

I'll take being totally miserable, but knowing what I should do

I thought about some posters (you included) that didn't have season tickets and might be interested, but I hated trying to pick some over others and offer them first. I also didn't really know what was typical since I have never sold a ticket, but knew through the years the IU game was high. Mostly, it was important that Purdue people got to see the game. I had a lady that sits beside us that sent me some names of Purdue people she has sold tickets to in the past, but I started here. One was an ex coach that I watched he and his brother play in high school and knew their father when another brother-in-law coached against them when they were players. Anyway, I don't know this young man, but he and he says his lifelong father would go.

I'll take being totally miserable, but knowing what I should do

I thought about some posters (you included) that didn't have season tickets and might be interested, but I hated trying to pick some over others and offer them first. I also didn't really know what was typical since I have never sold a ticket, but knew through the years the IU game was high. Mostly, it was important that Purdue people got to see the game. I had a lady that sits beside us that sent me some names of Purdue people she has sold tickets to in the past, but I started here. One was an ex coach that I watched he and his brother play in high school and knew their father when another brother-in-law coached against them when they were players. Anyway, I don't know this young man, but he and he says his lifelong father would go.
I was at last years IU game and they cost me $250 each but this year is nuts. I paid about that for the OSU tickets and I am fine with it. I have to get up there to see this team.

Once again, it’s very nice of you to offer these tickets for a lower cost because it would’ve been easy for you to make a huge profit off of them.

What I'm trying to do is to console my inability to go (read more on the thread) . I have already been offered a price in which I'm going to take less than offered. That person knows that. I have no doubt I could get more than I will take, but want to make sure it goes to a Purdue person to the best of my ability and being a Purdue person I'm willing to take something much less . There are a lot of valid reasons many have suggested on pricing with quite a range. I just need a day or some time trying to ensure this person is a purdue fan which a quick search indicates he is.
Give them to neighbor kid and have their Mom or Dad take them to the game. You can pick the neighbor that you know is a PU fan. Make their day and yours. It's really not complicated. Can't be that hard to find a kid that would love to go to a game.

Just sell them for face to fellow Boilermaker brethren, unless you’re a p00r greedy loser.

I’m looking for 4, btw.
I wish I knew the guy with four seats beside me. He couldn't go to any in Feb and is down at Florida. I know a lady to my right with maybe four tickets, but doubt she is interested. I'll ask her tonight and if she has them and is interested...I'll let you know.

Give them to neighbor kid and have their Mom or Dad take them to the game. You can pick the neighbor that you know is a PU fan. Make their day and yours. It's really not complicated. Can't be that hard to find a kid that would love to go to a game.
So the person that wanted them very quickly after I posted I told I would sell to him at 50% of what he offered to pay me. I have family beside me or my house, but one may just ask Matt if he still has any openings since Matt has taken care of him in the past. This is a young man with three children who has a father that is a lifelong Boiler. I'm guessing they will appreciate it much more than someone much younger that would appreciate "ANY" game at Purdue.

I was looking to take my oldest son to the game. But, when I saw the ticket prices, I said...um...not gonna happen. I was hoping closer to game time the prices might come down...but, if both teams keep winning, it could be a real marquee match up.

Tickets today show a price of roughly $600 + on stubhub. What would be considered a fair price per ticket for a seller and buyer sold to Purdue fans ONLY if buying two?
Just curious what the face price is of basketball tickets now? My brother in law had season tickets about ten or so years ago at mid court nine rows up and they were $32.00. I think that’s what I paid him.

Just curious what the face price is of basketball tickets now? My brother in law had season tickets about ten or so years ago at mid court nine rows up and they were $32.00. I think that’s what I paid him.
Outside of the cushion seats I'm thinking somewhere around $60 or so. That is a guess, but probably close

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT