ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/IU line?

purduedavie

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Haven’t found one yet, anyone seeing one? My guess is Purdue -2.5, thoughts?

BOILERS

Open @ -1.5 on fandual
Guessing if one likes Purdue put it in now, if anything I’m thinking it goes up instead of down. I won’t touch it, maybe do some player props on a Loyer or Smith, guessing IU will make one of them beat them, same with IU, a guy like Kopp will get open looks, he might be a good guy to better over on three pointers made.

Guessing if one likes Purdue put it in now, if anything I’m thinking it goes up instead of down. I won’t touch it, maybe do some player props on a Loyer or Smith, guessing IU will make one of them beat them, same with IU, a guy like Kopp will get open looks, he might be a good guy to better over on three pointers made.
NO way I'll invest money on this rivalry game!!!

IU now 1-1/2 Point favorites, as a betting guy I am afraid it tells you to take IU.

IU now 1-1/2 Point favorites, as a betting guy I am afraid it tells you to take IU.
But doesn’t that also mean that more money has / is being placed with IU? So Vegas is now making those bets a little more risky? I’m glad I do not worry too much about lines or bet.

I had predicted Purdue -2. Came out PU -1, moved to 1.5 and now flipped to IU -1.5. it's a little odd, and hopefully there isn't anything personnel-wise going on here. I'm fairly sure my site had player props up yesterday and right now they're gone. Tells me that someone (probably for Purdue) may not play. I haven't heard anything of that nature.

Reactions: Bill4411
I had predicted Purdue -2. Came out PU -1, moved to 1.5 and now flipped to IU -1.5. it's a little odd, and hopefully there isn't anything personnel-wise going on here. I'm fairly sure my site had player props up yesterday and right now they're gone. Tells me that someone (probably for Purdue) may not play. I haven't heard anything of that nature.
Edit: my site doesn't have player props across the board right now, which is odd, especially for the Kansas game which is starting in a few hours. Might be a technical issue with the site.

That would stink. Maybe Geronimo and X are a go?

Reactions: Bill4411
That would stink. Maybe Geronimo and X are a go?
X would be a huge surprise considering he has been out of a boot for a week.

Geronimo - all reports indicate he was still in a boot and hasn’t practice all week with a calf issue.

Feel like our entire team got bit by the flu bug a couple of weeks ago so hopefully everyone on our side is healthy.

This worries me as well. If I had to bet it which I won’t I would take IU, Vegas is begging people to take Purdue at this line. Also, odd shift, wonder if Johnson is playing?

Either way, we need to remember, this is huge for IU, for Purdue except for the rivalry part this game isn’t that big of a game. If IU wins we’ll see overreactions, I do expect the Boilers to lose 2-3 more regular season games, hopefully, this isn’t one of them.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Either way, we need to remember, this is huge for IU, for Purdue except for the rivalry part this game isn’t that big of a game. If IU wins we’ll see overreactions, I do expect the Boilers to lose 2-3 more regular season games, hopefully, this isn’t one of them.
doc-holliday-tombstone.gif

The line movement MEANS iu was hammered by the public. Purdue opened -1.5 now +1.5

Vegas is betting on a Purdue win, that’s why we came out as the favorite tempting the public to take IU and it’s exactly what happened.

I feel GREAT about it

good realistic post, this game is set up to be a bigger game for them plus it's at their home, coming off a loss. As I said previously we lose this one and another one maybe at Maryland?

The line movement MEANS iu was hammered by the public. Purdue opened -1.5 now +1.5

Vegas is betting on a Purdue win, that’s why we came out as the favorite tempting the public to take IU and it’s exactly what happened.

I feel GREAT about it
i have never understood gambling so thank for the explanation.

I havnt checked it much, but it opened with IU favored 1 and now Purdue is favored 1. Just means people are betting Purdue. I expct we loose 2 more myself, this one being the most obvious as a loss.

If we win this one, holy crap would that be crushing for the rest of the Big Ten.

Last edited:
I havnt checked it much, but it opened with IU favored 1 and now Purdue is favored 1. Just means people are betting Purdue. I expct we loose 2 more myself, this one being the most obvious as a lose.

If we win this one, holy crap would that be curshing for the rest of the Big Ten.
Especially if other teams in contention lose today and tomorrow. Race might be over after another win.

Especially if other teams in contention lose today and tomorrow. Race might be over after another win.

If we win and Rutgers and Ill loose, its pretty much over for the regular season

Really no matter what happens with the other games, if we beat IU....the 2nd best team at this point .... in Bloomington...., its over, but the other 2 loseing would be icing on the cake.

I havnt checked it much, but it opened with IU favored 1 and now Purdue is favored 1. Just means people are betting Purdue. I expct we loose 2 more myself, this one being the most obvious as a loss.

If we win this one, holy crap would that be crushing for the rest of the Big Ten.
All sites opened Purdue -1.5 now is +1.5

You had it backwards

Public has bet iu, which is what you want to see. Vegas knows

All sites opened Purdue -1.5 now is +1.5

You had it backwards

Public has bet iu, which is what you want to see. Vegas knows

Not the site I am checking. Are you in Indiana? I am in Arizona, so different feel out here. You know most of the state there has IU blinders. They think they are still an elite program because they won a bunch of titles 40 years ago and 5 coaches ago.

Not the site I am checking. Are you in Indiana? I am in Arizona, so different feel out here. You know most of the state there has IU blinders. They think they are still an elite program because they won a bunch of titles 40 years ago and 5 coaches ago.
Typically doesn't matter where you are. Lines from the same source are the same across the board. I'm also seeing what ddmills is. My company's site has been at IU -0.5 most of the day after waking up this morning at -1.5.

X would be a huge surprise considering he has been out of a boot for a week.

Geronimo - all reports indicate he was still in a boot and hasn’t practice all week with a calf issue.

Feel like our entire team got bit by the flu bug a couple of weeks ago so hopefully everyone on our side is healthy.
I want Purdue to beat other teams who are at their best. Purdue can't control the other team's roster, so just beat the team that's on the floor.

Reactions: DrEss
Typically doesn't matter where you are. Lines from the same source are the same across the board. I'm also seeing what ddmills is. My company's site has been at IU -0.5 most of the day after waking up this morning at -1.5.

Last night my site had IU up -1, then Purdue was favored by 1, now its even.

yea, this will prolly reel us in a little, they like close races

i have never understood gambling so thank for the explanation.
The line movement might have been the sharps laying huge amounts on IU, that’s my guess, I don’t think it’s from the public causing that big of a move. This was a play that the sharps loved, they turned out to be correct.

ADVERTISEMENT