ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue family day

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
Anyone hear if Purdue will do the family day event next month? Last August it was at the practice facility. Got to meet the players and had small activities.

Found out it will be Saturday August 17. This is a great event to take your future Boilermakers too.
Sounds good to me, and I'm not a kid (anymore). Rondale will probably have to do some strength training on his signiture hand. Know what I mean, Vern?

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Sounds good to me, and I'm not a kid (anymore). Rondale will probably have to do some strength training on his signiture hand. Know what I mean, Vern?
I am not sure how he did not need PT on his hand during the autograph session after the Spring game.

Reactions: Purdue85
I thought about the autograph session and imagined it to be very busy. The lines will be long

How many people do you think attended last year? I've never been to one.
Last year was the second year for this. We did not go the year before. We actually had Danny Anthrop's parents standing behind us, and we got a few minutes to talk to them.

It was so spread out, because you were allowed to see the new football facility too, and there were things for the kids to do in the middle of the field. If I had to give a count, I would say three to four thousand. Does that sound right to anyone else that was there last year?

Of course, that was before Rondale mania started. I was able to talk to him for about 5 minutes during this event last year, because a lot of people did not know what we had at that time. After seeing the Spring game, and the line to get his autograph just a few months after that; I would say it is going to be bigger this year. Danny's parents did comment that last year was about double of what it was the first year.

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
Not sure on the count. Players were at tables and you line up to get autographs. Predict it will be very long this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT