ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue falls to Nebraska 71-64 after struggling in fourth quarter.

Well, Dub, it was a crappy loss. At home. On to the next. Gotta get this trajectory turned around. Hope they find some energy, some kinda spark starting with the next game.
They are going to have to figure it out quickly. After Minnesota on Saturday, Purdue has Illinois, Ohio State and Indiana.

All three are ranked. Illinois and Ohio State on the road and a National Championship contender in Indiana.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
This team is an odd duck. They look like the better team in significant stretches' of games and go up by 8-9 points, then within two minutes they are behind with error after error. They are grueling to watch. They actually played well for 2/3s of the Nebraska game, but it's the final score that matters at the end. I hope they can turn it around, but now the schedule is glaring in our eyes.

Go Boilers!

Reactions: JeffBoiler
This team is an odd duck. They look like the better team in significant stretches' of games and go up by 8-9 points, then within two minutes they are behind with error after error. They are grueling to watch. They actually played well for 2/3s of the Nebraska game, but it's the final score that matters at the end. I hope they can turn it around, but now the schedule is glaring in our eyes.

Go Boilers!
Yep. I could not believe our offense the last quarter. Ellis, JT or Madison just dribbling at the top of the lane looking, looking, looking with no one else moving. Back to Versyp days.

Yep. I could not believe our offense the last quarter. Ellis, JT or Madison just dribbling at the top of the lane looking, looking, looking with no one else moving. Back to Versyp days.
KG has always run Versyp's offense, just with more aggression thanks to JT most games. If teams watch this film and more of them pressure Terry more, we will likely see the offense revert to form more and more as the BT season goes on.

But more than just offense, defense has been subpar. Close outs are always slow, and sometimes I don't even know what the player was thinking. For example, when we were down 1 late in the game and Nebby has the ball posting up a player, Ellis left the player she was guarding and just stood behind the offensive player. That's understandable if she at least brought some pressure, but she basically just stood there, until the offensive player threw a pass to the player Ellis was supposed to defend, and she promptly nailed an open 3 (another late close out of course) to put Nebby up 4 and essentially sealing the game. Why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT