ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue D does a nice job

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
All week we've heard about MU and explosive their QB is. I thought Purdue's stepped up and apart from a 30 second stint at the end of the first half they kept us in the game--and even won it for us.

Nice to have Graham back.

Didn't get to the QB as much as I would like but felt they made him beat Purdue with the past, which he failed to do.

All week we've heard about MU and explosive their QB is. I thought Purdue's stepped up and apart from a 30 second stint at the end of the first half they kept us in the game--and even won it for us.

Nice to have Graham back.

Didn't get to the QB as much as I would like but felt they made him beat Purdue with the past, which he failed to do.
End of the first half and end of game situations were both shit shows. But the D played tremendously well in between. Kudos to them to limit the impact of the 3 turnovers...

There were some bad individual plays that I saw (missed the 1st half) specifically with tackling. Even Graham missed one on the final drive and the guy was able to go sideways and get out of bounds. Would have made it 3rd down.

Graham also completely blew his coverage on the 2 point conversion that got waved off with the obvious penalty. Little Tua had 2 guys all over him and Graham left his guy to become the third, leaving him wide open for the conversion.

There were some bad individual plays that I saw (missed the 1st half) specifically with tackling. Even Graham missed one on the final drive and the guy was able to go sideways and get out of bounds. Would have made it 3rd down.

Graham also completely blew his coverage on the 2 point conversion that got waved off with the obvious penalty. Little Tua had 2 guys all over him and Graham left his guy to become the third, leaving him wide open for the conversion.
saw that too.

End of the first half and end of game situations were both shit shows. But the D played tremendously well in between. Kudos to them to limit the impact of the 3 turnovers...
They ALWAYS are...and, that is a HUGE problem...inexcusable for it to continue to be the problem and absolute disaster that it is.

It happened in PSU game...Syracuse game...and, again today. Flat ridiculous to have that as not just a problem, but, a persistent one.

220 lb TE actually. The problem was he tried to strip him instead of just bringing him down.
that play came right after he broke up a pass and was acting cocky after the play. Also got beat long in the first quarter but guy dropped it.

220 lb TE actually. The problem was he tried to strip him instead of just bringing him down.
Well, the actual problem was letting the guy somehow run by him to begin with...as, totally inexcusable for THAT to have happened...he only compounded his initial ridiculous mistake by then failing yet again to recognize time/score and just tackle the guy opposed to getting dragged 20+ yards into the end zone and allowing one of the dumbest TDs ever given the situation at hand.

that play came right after he broke up a pass and was acting cocky after the play. Also got beat long in the first quarter but guy dropped it.
Trice is without question Purdue's best defensive back, and, the guy is talented...but, he has done some really dumb or bad things at times...that is sometimes a product of the position, but, the play at the end of the half was just flat inexcusable.

That said, the idea that Purdue continues to play coverages that they do in such situations and allow for the possibility to get beat over the top like that is even more inexcusable, and, is directly on the DCs and staff...the fact that it somehow happened yet again at the end of the game literally cannot be explained...and, should not be excused either.

Reactions: WMichBoiler

I don't understand the point today of acting cocky like that because it often comes back to bite you..

The best example I can think of was in a Wisconsin-Nebraska game about 2-3 years ago. I wish I could find a video clip of it. The Nebraska defender but a hard lick on the Wisconsin RB and started dancing and celebrating. The only problem was the Wisconsin RB didn't go down but kept on running. A Wisconsin OL than pancaked the dancing Nebraska defender.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT