ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue could be a MAKER and LEAD our country

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I see the "wewanttoplay" movement is growing.

What is disappointing to me is that Purdue could have demonstrated what it teaches its students--to be MAKERS of dreams, LEAD others, and help our country take GIANT STEPS FORWARD.

Instead, Purdue, and the B10, are demonstrating that policy will be based on the exact opposite: coward to fear, give in to group think, and CYA.

"But people are dying, how would I feel if one player dies as a result of this decision?" The same way I would feel if one of my sons got into a car accident, goes to a restaurant and choked to death, went to a major university and caught a deadly bacteria, or visited Chicago with a group of friends and was shot. The point is risks and death are all around us but I don't ban my son from driving or eating. The virus is real and deadly to some, but no more deadly than the heart attack patient that was my father, or the pancreatic cancer patient who was my friend, or the car accident daughter of a family at church. To all who have lost loved ones, regardless how, I offer my condolences and ask the Lord to grant you His Peace. Sadly, death is a factor of life. One that can leave us to coward in fear of it or live it to its fullest for as long as you have. #iwanttolive

Our nation is hurting. This is no longer about a football game, a sport, or a season. It is a cry for freedom! Freedom from government oppression, freedom from the trampling of our personal liberties, and freedom from a manipulative media aligned with agenda-driven leaders who wantvto cage the healthy, freedom from tyranny. #iwantfreedom

It has been said already by many on this board as well as coaches, players, ADs, and fans, "#wewanttoplay. Now is the time for Purdue to TAKE A GIANT LEAP FORWARD and lead academic institutions, sports conferences, states, and a country. Demonstrate the courage needed in these dark times to restore our land and set free the pioneering spirit of the American people. Give us back our God given rights and the pursuit of happiness. If the kids want to play, support them. If fans want to watch, let us.
#wewanttoplay

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT