ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue / Big Ten Tailgating

Mar 23, 2018
Our middle daughter is a sophomore at Purdue and our youngest daughter will be enrolling soon for the fall semester as well. Two Boilers! Would never have thought that would happen but I couldn't be happier as our experience at Purdue has been great. Question: How is the tailgating in the RV4 lot at Airport Road and State St.? That is the only lot where travel trailers are allowed as I understand it? Do a lot of fans come in on Friday night? Is it crowded? We have tailgated at Slayter the day of the game with friends but never paid much attention to RV4. We purchased "Tailgate 1" our new-to-us camper and I wanted to start planning. Any help would be appreciated. We plan to follow the Boilers to Iowa and Northwestern in the fall, too.

Reactions: Summy1 and Purdue85
I’ve parked there several times with a pull behind trailer. Considerable traffic on Friday night (especially for a big time opponent).

The atmosphere is fine although I find people mainly stay to themselves. Parking is very haphazard so the people working the lot have no idea how full it is, which results in lots of free space. Shuttle to Ross Ade is a plus going, but the construction last year made it a nightmare getting back.

I’ve parked there several times with a pull behind trailer. Considerable traffic on Friday night (especially for a big time opponent).

The atmosphere is fine although I find people mainly stay to themselves. Parking is very haphazard so the people working the lot have no idea how full it is, which results in lots of free space. Shuttle to Ross Ade is a plus going, but the construction last year made it a nightmare getting back.

Tip for Evanston. The so called “RV lot” at Northwestern is very small and shares space with an academic building used on Saturdays. No supervision of the lot at all. On the plus side, there are literally zero NW fans with RV, so it’s a visiting team lot. Other NW “regular lots” nearer to Ryan Field only open
4 hours prior to game, (no exceptions). So plan ahead on what you want to do and when you want to get there.

Our middle daughter is a sophomore at Purdue and our youngest daughter will be enrolling soon for the fall semester as well. Two Boilers! Would never have thought that would happen but I couldn't be happier as our experience at Purdue has been great. Question: How is the tailgating in the RV4 lot at Airport Road and State St.? That is the only lot where travel trailers are allowed as I understand it? Do a lot of fans come in on Friday night? Is it crowded? We have tailgated at Slayter the day of the game with friends but never paid much attention to RV4. We purchased "Tailgate 1" our new-to-us camper and I wanted to start planning. Any help would be appreciated. We plan to follow the Boilers to Iowa and Northwestern in the fall, too.

RV4 isn't bad. Was out there for the BC game and it was maybe 1/2 full. The shuttle is nice but it's not a bad walk if you don't mind it.

I recently found out that the RV4 lot near the airport will be moved this year (2019) to near Alexander field (baseball stadium). They are also adding a RV2 lot for travel trailers and 5th wheel use that will be on the North side of Cherry Lane. RV2 will be closer to Ross Aide. These will be permit and cash lots.

I recently found out that the RV4 lot near the airport will be moved this year (2019) to near Alexander field (baseball stadium). They are also adding a RV2 lot for travel trailers and 5th wheel use that will be on the North side of Cherry Lane. RV2 will be closer to Ross Aide. These will be permit and cash lots.
Thanks for the information.

Reactions: Flex9912

Congrats. We are needing a RV plan too. Nephew is attending. Close friend of the family, my son and niece attending in the fall and my daughter joining in a couple years.

Question- on RV4 you can park 6pm night before the game. If you have a RV crash in the RV. What do other people do for sleeping arrangements? When do you have to leave?

Congrats. We are needing a RV plan too. Nephew is attending. Close friend of the family, my son and niece attending in the fall and my daughter joining in a couple years.

Question- on RV4 you can park 6pm night before the game. If you have a RV crash in the RV. What do other people do for sleeping arrangements? When do you have to leave?
I believe you have to be out of the lot by 10:00AM the day following the game.

ADVERTISEMENT