ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Northwestern

12-9 Purdue at the end of the first quarter, we are shooting pretty badly, and not rebounding well AGAIN, but we are turning over NU at a good clip, 9 TOs for the cats in the first qtr. No Petree, 4 minutes for Hardin, 2tos, 0-2 shooting.

12-9 Purdue at the end of the first quarter, we are shooting pretty badly, and not rebounding well AGAIN, but we are turning over NU at a good clip, 9 TOs for the cats in the first qtr. No Petree, 4 minutes for Hardin, 2tos, 0-2 shooting.
Petree is really in the doghouse, something likely happened for this to be going on.

Reactions: DocRon
2nd quarter starts with a 6-0 Smith run and NU calls a quick TO. Jayla is 3-3 finally knocking the lid off the basket at our end.

Ava Learn is starting.
Happy for Ava as she deserves this opportunity. Still find it interesting that Petree is your leading scorer and she sits…. And Layden returns. Could be wrong but not sure Layden liked being 4th or 5th on this team? And again, KG throws Petree under the bus with criticism and inference, but was mute regarding Layden’s absences. They might be college kids but that speaks volumes to them I am sure. KG isn’t gaining any support by sitting the leading scorer. She must not want to win?

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Happy for Ava as she deserves this opportunity. Still find it interesting that Petree is your leading scorer and she sits…. And Layden returns. Could be wrong but not sure Layden liked being 4th or 5th on this team? And again, KG throws Petree under the bus with criticism and inference, but was mute regarding Layden’s absences. They might be college kids but that speaks volumes to them I am sure. KG isn’t gaining any support by sitting the leading scorer. She must not want to win?
Petree was the leading scorer, but she added little else and I don't know that she made the team better. We seem to move the ball a lot better without her on the floor, ball moves better and the defense is tighter.

Woltman 6 minutes, 1-1 for 2 points and 5 rbs, half our total for the game, 16 minutes gone in the half.

Woltman 6 minutes, 1-1 for 2 points and 5 rbs, half our total for the game, 16 minutes gone in the half.
In the 6 minutes Woltman was in, NU only got 1 rb, and it went from 10-5 to 11-10 favoring NU in rbs. Woltman alas has picked up two quick fouls, hopefully someone else will keep hitting the boards.

NU on an 8-0 run to cut the lead to 30-24. Harper and Petree in together seems to weaken our D.

NU on an 8-0 run to cut the lead to 30-24. Harper and Petree in together seems to weaken our D.
Harper is very slow…she’s a decent player but she needs limited minutes. When you talked about players that maybe need minutes cut, she’s probably a good one because of her defense and the fact that she’s slow.

30-27 at the half, Purdue lead. After getting a 28-14 lead we let NU back in, mostly with some odd substitution patterns.... Walsh(6'3"g/f) went off while we have Petree, Harper and Hardin in together and that sparked the NU run.....

NU hit 3 straight 3PT shots at the end of the half. They can not do that all game. I still think we win this game.

But we were ahead by 14 and then they hit 11 straight. Frustrating.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
NU hit 3 straight 3PT shots at the end of the half. They can not do that all game. I still think we win this game.

She was also 25 ft + from the basket. Her 3PT shooting is 27%. Can’t blame defenders for slacking off her at that point.

42-38 Purdue, 3rd quarter belongs to Ellis with help from Terry. Terry has 4 pts, Ellis has 8 this quarter, no one else has hit, and most haven't even looked at the basket.

Purdue 16TOs at the end of the 3rd Quarter.... sloppy ugly play, NU is worse than us, 21 TOs thru three quarters. Purdue 49-NU 43

Petree was the leading scorer, but she added little else and I don't know that she made the team better. We seem to move the ball a lot better without her on the floor, ball moves better and the defense is tighter.
Offense might flow better but we are defensively much slower.

Ellis 20 points through three quarters, otherwise we would be getting blown out. Smith and Terry only other Purdue players shooting much at all......

Why would you ever have this lineup on the floor together? Smith, Hardin, Layden, Petree, and Harper, serious lack of ball handling and play making out there. Luckily KG realized it and brought Ellis and Terry back out quick.

6 minutes left, Harper with her 4th foul, 4TOs for Terry, Harper, and Hardin, but at least Terry has 9 assists. NEwton said Terry acts like her ankle is still bothering her a little from the injury against PSU. Learn started each half, but once she goes to the bench, she doesn't come back out..... SMDH

4:36 left in the 4th, 41 total TOs for both teams, NU 24, Purdue 17... sloppy sloppy game, we won't beat many teams playing like this.....

2:22 left Purdue 60-NU 50 LEarn finally in again, Woltman, Ellis and Smith leading in the +- category with Rickie leading the team at +18 and Woltman has helped Purdue get the rebounding advantage 36-27

Reactions: JeffBoiler
NU loses, 65-54, I won't say much about us "winning because we played like crap. 19 TOs for Purdue, 24 for NU, Ellis with 24, Smith with 11. Petree apparently suffering from massive migraine and had to be helped off the floor at the end of the game. Woltman had a great game that doesn't all show up in the box, tipped several rebounds away from NU that someone else got credit for. Finished team best +16, Ellis +15. Harper Petree and Learn all in the - side of the house, although Learn was just -1.

Nice road win. It was pretty much a must win if you want post season play. Abbey Ellis was big.....she really plays hard. I think she needs to invest in some Brian Cardinal type knee and elbow pads as much as she hits the floor. Lol. I hope Lasha Petree is feeling better. Really need her playing her best to beat some of the better teams in the conference.

We seem to have a conspiracy theorist on the board lately. He sees drama everywhere when there really is none. I get the feeling he doesn't like Madison Layden for some reason. Lol.

Back to Mackey on Wednesday against Nebraska for another must win.

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
Petree is really in the doghouse, something likely happened for this to be
Coach KG says Petree was fighting a “migraine”. Training staff helped her to locker room at end of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT