ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at IUPUI on Thursday in Round 1 of WNIT ...

Since it's March, the month of wild speculation in college basketball...

I couldn't help but notice that Ball State and Indiana are in Purdue's bracket. A chance for redemption, perhaps? Or, Purdue could lose to IUPUI. I really don't know what to expect with this team.

Not that I’m openly advocating for a coaching change...but Parkinson would be an instant upgrade to what Versyp has put together at Purdue.
Interested why you believe he is ready for D1 and would be such an "instant upgrade." In his 7 years at IUPUI he has had a winning record in only 4 seasons and it appears he has never won the league or the end of season tournament. A little like the clamor for Stephanie White to be our head coach before she finished 3-13 in her league and 7-24 for the season.

I am not saying a change does not need to be made but it should be a move to a coach with a record of consistent winning. (like Jeff Brohm in football.)

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Steph when she’s only two years into her tenure. Give her a chance to bring in her own talent and create her own culture.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Steph when she’s only two years into her tenure. Give her a chance to bring in her own talent and create her own culture.
I don't disagree with that but at this point she does not have the stats that would make her a desirable replacement for Versyp.

Yes unless Bo can get a coAch with established recruiting credentials and a solid record in div1 then it is a silly thought.
Don’t know if that coach is even out there?
Maybe $ will make the difference?
I predict Versyp will stay and do better next year and will stay. Unless we can find a Coach who can make us a top 10 team regularly
No reason to chsnge.
Not avid

Not against this it but not sure it is a
Realistically possible .

ADVERTISEMENT