ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue adds a very good one

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
http://247sports.com/player/jimmy-mckenna-46037165

Jimmy McKenna might be their best addition so far. Big kid out of Ohio with some very nice offers. CJB wanted to focus on the offensive and defensive line, and this is a huge get. High 3 star, but the important thing is who Purdue was able to beat out! It is very nice to see Purdue when out over several other P5 programs.

So I wonder how the O line commits shake out now.

Miller appears to be an inside guy, but the others all appear to be tackled. All may not work out but it will be interesting to see how they start their careers

This is the best get to date. The offer list is by far the best out of all the commits thus far. With the lower to higher 3-star guys, I generally put more weight into their offer list. Great addition. Competing BIG 10 programs wanted him.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
According to Rivals,Purdue is currently ranked 41st nationally for recruiting in 2018.If they finish in the top 50,We should all be ecstatic.Boiler up.

I agree that ending up in the top 50 would be great, but Purdue has a lower average rating than several schools behind them. As the other teams get more players they will slip. Purdue is in the mix for a few four star players and a few other high 3 star players. I am not really concerned about ratings this early in CJB's career at Purdue. He just got here, Purdue was terrible (might not be a strong enough word) before he arrived, CJB has put lots of lower rated players into the NFL, and won with classes in the 50-75. I am ecstatic to see CJB win out over a kid with multiple P5 offers from very good schools. He was able to sell the vision and his own track record with players. Offense will likely come first, but the DC is no slouch. It just feels like we are headed the right direction and that feels good.

It
http://247sports.com/player/jimmy-mckenna-46037165

Jimmy McKenna might be their best addition so far. Big kid out of Ohio with some very nice offers. CJB wanted to focus on the offensive and defensive line, and this is a huge get. High 3 star, but the important thing is who Purdue was able to beat out! It is very nice to see Purdue when out over several other P5 programs.
He is a great addition. He is a high 3 star for sure. If he had verballed to a Michigan or Florida type program, he would probably be a 4 star now.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT