ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 24th in latest AP Poll

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Not surprising....and Virginia Tech moves up three spots to 13.

The Big Ten has six in this week's poll:

Michigan (9)
Michigan State (11)
Iowa (20)
Ohio State (23)
Purdue (24)
Wisconsin (25)

Nebraska, Indiana, and Maryland are all just outside receiving votes. This lends more credence to the depth of the conference right now despite having just one team in the top ten and nobody in the top five.

Florida State, coming up on the schedule holds steady @ 14.

It's going to be a really interesting ride this year. Boiler and Buckle Up, my friends.

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

TIC - TIC - TIC .... Can we please get a new coach!!!!!!!!! I am so SICK AND TIRED of being one of ONLY four teams currently ranked in the top 25 the longest - I think it is now 46 straight weeks. I looked for the stats, but can't find them, but they were listed recently.

Per a Forman tweet yesterday, in the last 60 polls the most ranked teams are (60 goes back to pre-season '15-16 poll):

-Kansas (60/60)
-UNC (60/60)
-Nova (59/60)
-Purdue (59/60)

Purdue fell out of the AP for 1 week after Atlantis last year, so the current consecutive streak is only 18 weeks. Here's Purdue's breakdown by ranking position over these past 60 rankings:

Top 5 - 5 weeks
Top 10 - 10 weeks
Top 15 - 30 weeks
Top 20 - 49 weeks
Top 25 - 59 weeks

Per a Forman tweet yesterday, in the last 60 polls the most ranked teams are (60 goes back to pre-season '15-16 poll):

-Kansas (60/60)
-UNC (60/60)
-Nova (59/60)
-Purdue (59/60)

Purdue fell out of the AP for 1 week after Atlantis last year, so the current consecutive streak is only 18 weeks. Here's Purdue's breakdown by ranking position over these past 60 rankings:

Top 5 - 5 weeks
Top 10 - 10 weeks
Top 15 - 30 weeks
Top 20 - 49 weeks
Top 25 - 59 weeks
Thank you ....

-Kansas (60/60)
-UNC (60/60)
-Nova (59/60)
-Purdue (59/60)

Top 5 - 5 weeks
Top 10 - 10 weeks
Top 15 - 30 weeks
Top 20 - 49 weeks
Top 25 - 59 weeks
Only 59 out of 60??!!

FIRE PAINTER!!!

Reactions: delish1
Thank you ....
Some jumping the gun off 1 game that Purdue almost won what makes it even crazier with 2 NBA potential players on there roster who by the way was giving 1 of the nba prospects problems until he got into foul trouble. This team is really good and had we got blown out by 30 we are not in nobody top 25. But we took this team to the wire despite all of what happen defensively we shud of won this game period. They got lucky and pulled out this win we gave it to them. Everything that happened is fixable and I’m sure will be addressed and we’ll see improvements and we’ll see this team giving team fits bcuz of the defense. Just stop judging them based of one game and stop comparing them to last years team they had great success those guys did but this team is good to really good and they trying to keep that train rolling like those b4 them give them a chance to get there feet wet season on 5 games in I see big things coming

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Can we get an award for ranking 1 of the longest?
The award is rankiing one of the longest. Is that not clear?
Although I'm sure you would much prefer we weren't one of the top 4 --- would lend support to your unending negative comments about painter, Your hopes for our team failing sicken me.

Some jumping the gun off 1 game that Purdue almost won what makes it even crazier with 2 NBA potential players on there roster who by the way was giving 1 of the nba prospects problems until he got into foul trouble. This team is really good and had we got blown out by 30 we are not in nobody top 25. But we took this team to the wire despite all of what happen defensively we shud of won this game period. They got lucky and pulled out this win we gave it to them. Everything that happened is fixable and I’m sure will be addressed and we’ll see improvements and we’ll see this team giving team fits bcuz of the defense. Just stop judging them based of one game and stop comparing them to last years team they had great success those guys did but this team is good to really good and they trying to keep that train rolling like those b4 them give them a chance to get there feet wet season on 5 games in I see big things coming
The defense will come around...it always does in relation to what the players are capable, but that offense....THAT lack had a lot to do with that ONE game as well. We already went through all that...and THAT too will get addressed as well as this team is capable...

The defense will come around...it always does in relation to what the players are capable, but that offense....THAT lack had a lot to do with that ONE game as well. We already went through all that...and THAT too will get addressed as well as this team is capable...
U r correct all things offensively and defensively will be addressed. If the offense is spread out more to other players who can score as well we’ll be better off as a team. Gotta her others involved in the offense to have a chance at better teams.

The award is rankiing one of the longest. Is that not clear?
Although I'm sure you would much prefer we weren't one of the top 4 --- would lend support to your unending negative comments about painter, Your hopes for our team failing sicken me.

I think you are mistaking me as another poster. I want Purdue to win national championship, not failing.

Sorry, but I’m just not developing a taste for the kool - aid.

U r correct all things offensively and defensively will be addressed. If the offense is spread out more to other players who can score as well we’ll be better off as a team. Gotta her others involved in the offense to have a chance at better teams.
Not because he is your son, but I would love to see Matt use a set where Carsen and Cline are behind the Arc maybe left side on teh wing and baseline...and Grady or Aaron on the right side behind the arc and Nojel has a FT line screen with Haarms or even Evan to maximize those two unusal physical dimensioned players for thos positions have a two man game without help D close by where Nojel can take his man low..or come off the screen and get some spacing for Haarms to roll or just if nothing is there to pass back to harms where he needs to be able to stroke it to 15 and after the pass, Nojel goes low to post his defender waitng for the high low pass from the 7'3" Haarms...just for a set 3 or 4 times a game...

ADVERTISEMENT