ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue’s richest alumni

njm8845

Senior
Jul 1, 2008
Does anybody know who Purdue’s richest alumni is? Are they an active donor?

It’s easy to name the richest donors at many schools: Cuban at IU, Knight at Oregon, that hedge fund guy from MSU, Pickens from ok st. I feel like there was Walmart money behind Mizzou from the painter flirting there.

It’s easy to name the richest donors at many schools: Cuban at IU, Knight at Oregon, that hedge fund guy from MSU, Pickens from ok st. I feel like there was Walmart money behind Mizzou from the painter flirting there.
Google knows.

Used to be Bechtel.

There is a whale booster that posts on KHC. Big donor to football and wrestling.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
Purdue's wealthiest alum is Carl Cook, the CEO of Cook Biomedical, which has a large facility in West Lafayette.

Unfortunately, he's a huge IU fan. The Cook Group's world headquarters in located in Bloomington.

Cook Hall, IU's basketball training facility, was built with a donation from the Cook family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Cook

Ouch

Purdue's wealthiest alum is Carl Cook, the CEO of Cook Biomedical, which has a large facility in West Lafayette.

Unfortunately, he's a huge IU fan. The Cook Group's world headquarters in located in Bloomington.

Cook Hall, IU's basketball training facility, was built with a donation from the Cook family.

That's just generational wealth from Bill Cook

if We are adding up net worth in:

> long socks with 3 color stripes From the 80s
> mesh hats
Or
> unopened boxes of nutty bars

It’s me..

Ahhh my eyes!!!

Can somebody delete this thread and make these facts go away?

Or make an Undo button for reading a post?

these are the type of people who make anonymous donations, they don’t want the local directional school to expect more $$. Purdue’s had a several 8 figure anonymous donations.

5f57bdba5f93f.image.jpg

Keith Krach is worth at least $1.8B.
Not certain how much of his DocuSign stock he retained when he took on the Undersecretary of State role. I recall reading his own comments during the fantastic rise in DOCU stock last spring and summer that gave the impression that he had liquidated his holdings in order to avoid real and perceived conflicts of interest with his admirable public service role [in which, in my judgment, he was extremely effective!].

That said, Keith is, as the saying goes, fabulously wealthy, as are many other alumni, many of whom who fly under the radar as was previously noted. Holding wealth via corporations to conceal the ownership's identity is quite common.

I have a friend whose name should appear on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans -- certainly in the top 100 and probably in the top 50. His holdings are mostly in private companies, so he is somewhat invisible to the media and others who track such things.

It very well could be that there are a number of Purdue alumni who are generally unknown to the public whose wealth far outstrips some of the folks mentioned in this thread.

This is a fun topic for me as it is one category of success for Purdue alumni along with accomplished alumni in their respective fields where dollars are not the unit of measure that makes me so proud to be a Boilermaker!

Ever Grateful, Ever True!

Cuban is rich, but is by no means one if their biggest donors. He is just the best known. Cook’s and Simono’s daughter are extremely wealthy.

Reactions: DAG10
I have a friend whose name should appear on the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest Americans -- certainly in the top 100 and probably in the top 50. His holdings are mostly in private companies, so he is somewhat invisible to the media and others who track such things.
Now we know who to contact the next time we have a coach need that needs their contract bought out.

Cuban has $4B's, Krach only has $1.5B's

where did you see he had $1.5B? Did you google his net worth and see the info on his DocuSign stock, which was based on 2018 numbers? Their stock has gone up 5x since then. And no one knows how much he has since he doesn’t have to report to SEC anymore. That probably does not include what he made on Ariba which he co-founded and was sold for $4.3B 9 years ago (and surely has made big growth on that as he is considered one of brightest entrepreneur minds). He also was youngest VP at GM and chairman of board at Angie’s list. Look him up he was involved with a bunch of Silicon Valley start ups that did very well. He also is involved in lots capital investment in startups and big time at benchmark and Les three companies through IPOs at the Nasdaq. He had probably taken his earnings and multiplied them many times. He is a great ambassador for Purdue, says he’s back a couple times a year, and was on our board since 2007 and was chairman for 4 years including when he was credited for recruiting Mitch in 2013. He is private and does not flaunt his wealth and suspect he had been behind plenty of anonymous donations.

where did you see he had $1.5B? Did you google his net worth and see the info on his DocuSign stock, which was based on 2018 numbers? Their stock has gone up 5x since then. And no one knows how much he has since he doesn’t have to report to SEC anymore. That probably does not include what he made on Ariba which he co-founded and was sold for $4.3B 9 years ago (and surely has made big growth on that as he is considered one of brightest entrepreneur minds). He also was youngest VP at GM and chairman of board at Angie’s list. Look him up he was involved with a bunch of Silicon Valley start ups that did very well. He also is involved in lots capital investment in startups and big time at benchmark and Les three companies through IPOs at the Nasdaq. He had probably taken his earnings and multiplied them many times. He is a great ambassador for Purdue, says he’s back a couple times a year, and was on our board since 2007 and was chairman for 4 years including when he was credited for recruiting Mitch in 2013. He is private and does not flaunt his wealth and suspect he had been behind plenty of anonymous donations.

Google.

Krach didn't make the Forbes 400 and the people at the bottom of that list had a net of $2,1B.

Google.

Krach didn't make the Forbes 400 and the people at the bottom of that list had a net of $2,1B.

I don’t think Forbes knows his net worth. He lives on billionaires row. Based on his past success and doing some back of napkin numbers I don’t see how he could be under $2.1B. In 2018 he had 8.3m shares of docusign which is worth $1.66B based on today’s stock price alone. I suspect he has been a bit more diversified especially given his strong role at Benchmark.

Mr. Krach, please help! We must maintain our standing as the superior in-state basketball program.

Purdue has many wealthy alumni. part of your problem is they would appear to rather donate their money to research or academics than to the NIL or athletics. that's an issue many schools with academic integrity and achievements have. in Alabama and Texas, donors don't give as much to research and academics as they give to football. they'd rather buy out their coach than buy a new chemistry building. they would rather pay $500 for good seats at a football game than spend $50 for front row seats at a band concert.

I don't have the facts to back me up, but i believe purdue is one of the top 20 schools for donations. it's just the money is earmarked for other things besides football. and i don't believe that philosophy is going to change any time soon just because the NIL was created.

i could be wrong. i have to ask, how much did Ely lily or Orvile Reddinbacker ever give to the athletic department verses other projects at Purdue? How much did John Purdue give to athletics? I believe it's a culture thing rather than not having rich alumni. Purdue grads have culture. other schools have football.

That seems about right...haha.

• Haha
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
That's nice. Does he need any more friends? I'm available.
That reminds me of Colin kaepernick in the playoffs when he was just Colin kaepernick the player. I was at a party watching the game and someone said something about the money he was up for. Then someone else said something about his family trying to get back into his life and another guy was like “shit I’m trying to get back into his life” lol

That reminds me of Colin kaepernick in the playoffs when he was just Colin kaepernick the player. I was at a party watching the game and someone said something about the money he was up for. Then someone else said something about his family trying to get back into his life and another guy was like “shit I’m trying to get back into his life” lol
And now he has to throw passes at Michigan’s Spring Game to even get some attention from NFL teams……

This is an interesting topic and great names. The founding Mr Cook was actually a Northwestern grad iirc, who headquartered his company in Bloomington.

As for Bruce White, his parents are legends up here in da Region and have their names on buildings all over. My brothers knew Bruce growing up. But every time I see or hear his name, I think back to the hubbub discussed at length on this board about 10 years ago of him giving his Court side tickets away to IU fans (maybe even 2 years in a row, but turned out he had actually donated them for charity auction functions) and people wanting his ticket privileges revoked!!! Anyone still here who recalls that discussion??

Last edited:

A lot of contenders for richest alumni.

I honestly have no idea who it is, but I'm quite certain I know who it is not.🙋‍♂️
There are notable alumni missing from this list. One of my neighbors was the one of the founders (number 3) hire at Amgen pharma and both he and his wife have donated a lot to both Purdue athletics and academics. This link is a little outdated but since there is a monument dedicated in their honor near the athletic facilities. I can personally vouch they are great people.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
This is an interesting topic and great names. The founding Mr Cook was actually a Northwestern grad iirc, who headquartered his company in Bloomington.

As for Bruce White, his parents are legends up here in da Region and have their names on buildings all over. My brothers knew Bruce growing up. But every time I see or hear his name, I think back to the hubbub discussed at length on this board about 10 years ago of him giving his Court side tickets away to IU fans (maybe even 2 years in a row, but turned out he had actually donated them for charity auction functions) and people wanting his ticket privileges revoked!!! Anyone still here who recalls that discussion??
I thought he was an Illinois alum. He hailed from Cantin, Il. You were right. He was a Wildcat.

Reactions: drewjin
There are notable alumni missing from this list. One of my neighbors was the one of the founders (number 3) hire at Amgen pharma and both he and his wife have donated a lot to both Purdue athletics and academics. This link is a little outdated but since there is a monument dedicated in their honor near the athletic facilities. I can personally vouch they are great people.

The CEO of Amgen when Amgen went public was also a Purdue grad, a BSEE,

Reactions: Purdue80 and BSIT
ADVERTISEMENT