ADVERTISEMENT

PU MBB rocks the national scene!!!!

During the post game for the Virginia game I thought I saw this statistic on the screen. When you look at the top 4 players who scored the most total cumulative points in the NCAA tournament (I hope I have this stat correct), three of the four are Boilermakers:
  • Rick Mount
  • Big Dog
  • Carsen Edwards
I think the fourth player mentioned was Glenn Rice.

During the post game for the Virginia game I thought I saw this statistic on the screen. When you look at the top 4 players who scored the most total cumulative points in the NCAA tournament (I hope I have this stat correct), three of the four are Boilermakers:
  • Rick Mount
  • Big Dog
  • Carsen Edwards
I think the fourth player mentioned was Glenn Rice.
Bo Kimble is scored the most points of any player since the field expanded to 64 teams, followed by Carsen. Carsen does have the record for 3 pointers in a single tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...-28-3s-4-games-tournament-record?platform=amp

Bo Kimble is scored the most points of any player since the field expanded to 64 teams, followed by Carsen. Carsen does have the record for 3 pointers in a single tournament.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...-28-3s-4-games-tournament-record?platform=amp

Kimble's scoring mark was for guys who played only 4 games. Glen Rice still holds the record for most points scored in a single NCAAT: 184 pts in 6 games.

Carsen's 139 pts this year is T-24th most in a single tournament (any year & any amount of games played). He currently sits T-51st with 224 career NCAAT points scored.

Define relevant

We’ve been to 3 straight S16s

We’ve won 2 of the past 3 B10 titles

We’ve had all Americans each of the last 3 years

I’d say that’s relevant

Add in doing it the right way
Exciting games this year

We received a lot of national attention.

It will be interesting for next years team with so many other B10 teams improving. Will coach be able to develop another cohesive team again?

Add in doing it the right way
Exciting games this year

We received a lot of national attention.

It will be interesting for next years team with so many other B10 teams improving. Will coach be able to develop another cohesive team again?
I'm really excited about next years team.
If Haarms and Nobel can develop a three shot?
Obviously everyone will need to improve their game but that's almost a given under Painter.
It won't be a one man scoring show next year. The same amount of shots will be there, the question is if the team can shoot at a higher %.
We probably won't see a CE or RC explosion as we saw this year but they can still be good.

I'm really excited about next years team.
If Haarms and Nobel can develop a three shot?
Obviously everyone will need to improve their game but that's almost a given under Painter.
It won't be a one man scoring show next year. The same amount of shots will be there, the question is if the team can shoot at a higher %.
We probably won't see a CE or RC explosion as we saw this year but they can still be good.

it's all going to depend on how much they mature and step up.

Our players don't stand around. With that said, there are times when players in general don't "assert" themselves when shooters/players like CE and Cline are in the game. I expect more assertiveness from the underclassmen, and expect them to step up their game.

Work hard now, Boilers!

Define relevant

We’ve been to 3 straight S16s

We’ve won 2 of the past 3 B10 titles

We’ve had all Americans each of the last 3 years

I’d say that’s relevant

Exactly this. The last 5 years of hoops with guys like Hammons, Swanigan, Haas, Edwards getting national attention plus Elite 8 and 1st or 2nd in Big Ten last 3 years. Painter getting a lot of pub too. Add in Jeff Brohm, Rondale Moore and the football turnaround and recruiting, Purdue has to be squarely on national relevance. At this point if people don’t know about Purdue then they are not paying attention

One of Carsen's endearing traits is that he had no memory. If he went for a layup and was blocked, he didn't care. He would do it again if the next possession if he could. Sometimes I see some of the younger players try something and if they fail, you won't see them try it again the whole game. I want to see them with the confidence and same short memory of Carsen.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
SI, methinks this underscores even MORE of an urgency that you have representation. Your adversary is ADAMANTLY against you having proper representation.

WHAT IS IT HE HAS TO HIDE???

Let's partner and bring down the patriarchy....!
Just kick my walker out and you've brought me down ... easy-peasy .... on the other hand, WORDs, as you may have noticed, tend to seduce me into a debate that is highly entertaining.

Reactions: Inspector100
One of Carsen's endearing traits is that he had no memory. If he went for a layup and was blocked, he didn't care. He would do it again if the next possession if he could. Sometimes I see some of the younger players try something and if they fail, you won't see them try it again the whole game. I want to see them with the confidence and same short memory of Carsen.

Agreed. I think part of that is being freshman.

But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a boiler with as much confidence as Carsen

We need to set the ... uh... "BAR" ... higher.

I think we can get a case of some really good scotch out of this. No doubt, at best, he's a "blended scotch" cheapskate.
Hi-Jack WARNING:

KESSLERS for the win ... more is always better over quality

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT