ADVERTISEMENT

Proud Purdue is on this exclusive list

If that list were restricted to BB, Louisville would have the most times on probation and currently are.

BC had probably most notorious BB scandal when Mafia Fixer Henry Hill, bribed several players in 1970's. 3 or 4 others have had issues in other sports too.....

Reactions: TheGunner
Curious why IU is not on this list. What happened in the past that would exclude IU?

No one considers them a power 5 program I’m assuming

Per wiki

In the fall of 1960 the Indiana football program was hit with devastating NCAA sanctions.[19] The sanctions resulted from violations that included the offering of free plane tickets to several athletes along with financial stipends, according to an NCAA report, while other recruits were delivered envelopes filled with cash.

Reactions: BBG and Purdue85

Per wiki

In the fall of 1960 the Indiana football program was hit with devastating NCAA sanctions.[19] The sanctions resulted from violations that included the offering of free plane tickets to several athletes along with financial stipends, according to an NCAA report, while other recruits were delivered envelopes filled with cash.

Wow. Must not have been enough cash, judging by their records before and after!

Reactions: srjordan
If that list were restricted to BB, Louisville would have the most times on probation and currently are.

BC had probably most notorious BB scandal when Mafia Fixer Henry Hill, bribed several players in 1970's. 3 or 4 others have had issues in other sports too.....

Funny that story didn't make it into Goodfellas.

Unfortunately, this list probably also says something about the price of not cheating. Of the programs listed, only Iowa and Stanford have enjoyed extended periods of national prominence over the past 3 or 4 decades---and both of those have endured periodic downturns.

Per wiki

One of the players involved was Lee Majors,who left IU and went to work at the Barkley ranch.

Unfortunately, this list probably also says something about the price of not cheating. Of the programs listed, only Iowa and Stanford have enjoyed extended periods of national prominence over the past 3 or 4 decades---and both of those have endured periodic downturns.

That's not the correct way to look at it. By your count, only 22% have had extended success over the past couple decades.

If you looked at a list of all the programs that HAVE CHEATED, I'd bet we agree that about 25% have had extended success over the past couple decades.

Per wiki

Geez. At least Ron Meyer and the boys at SMU got their money’s worth.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT