ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Heisman Rankings

The ironic thing is that Rondale could have a repeat of last year, but not sniff the Heisman unless we go at least 9-3. However, his play probably has little to do with whether we go 6-6 or 9-3. He's going to put up numbers simply because of the way the offense operates. But so many other things have to go right for the team to be successful.

It'll boil down to Lawrence/Clemson or Tua/Alabama. Of course someone could have a breakout year and upset that applecart.

I agree, it would be nice for Moore to sneak top 5. maybe even get an invite.. Honestly Lawrence might be the best QB recruit since Luck. He is in that rarefied air of Peyton, Elway and Luck, he is allot of fun to watch for me although I am not a Clemson fan.

I am curious how having 2 more freshman 4/5 star level recruits coming in will effect Rondale's numbers. But I see Rondale as the #1 homerun threat in the nation, really in the Tyreek Hill level player, so its very hard NOT to get him the ball allot. He is such a weapon even with 2 other NFL level receivers on the team.

And think about that, we have 3 receivers skilled enough to be NFL players, wow.

Reactions: SKYDOG
And think about that, we have 3 receivers skilled enough to be NFL players, wow.

Who are they? I don’t like making assumptions about players making it to the next level before they’ve played a game at this level.

The ironic thing is that Rondale could have a repeat of last year, but not sniff the Heisman unless we go at least 9-3. However, his play probably has little to do with whether we go 6-6 or 9-3. He's going to put up numbers simply because of the way the offense operates. But so many other things have to go right for the team to be successful.
I'll still say that eight wins is the bottom line this year, and I'll agree that Purdue has to win at least that many, and have Rondale dominate to get a sniff. I'm going with Tua for the Heisman, but Lawarence is the best in the game today.

Who are they? I don’t like making assumptions about players making it to the next level before they’ve played a game at this level.

Moore, Wright and Bell all have NFL level skills. Not saying they will make it to the NFL, but their skills are right their skills are on par with it. All 3 are top 30 players and the NFL drafts about 25-30 receivers a year plus 5-10 undrafted free agents.

Reactions: Purdue85
I'm actually pretty disappointed the PU AD hasn't started the hype machine for Moore. I was calling for this in early summer and haven't seen anything. Maybe they know it's a really long shot and don't want to spend the resources on a big time campaign or maybe they thing next year will be the year to do it?

I'm actually pretty disappointed the PU AD hasn't started the hype machine for Moore. I was calling for this in early summer and haven't seen anything. Maybe they know it's a really long shot and don't want to spend the resources on a big time campaign or maybe they thing next year will be the year to do it?
Did you see the photo shoot at IMS last week? They are clearly planning something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT