ADVERTISEMENT

Positive Press

proudopete

All-American
Jan 26, 2010
We received a ton of positive press last night on FS1. We have also been receiving a ton on other channels as well.

This is nice, seeing as we not only get each teams best shot night in, night out but, we also have everybody in America rooting against us.

Good time to be a Boiler!

Yep the " No 5 star team".....just a " Band of Brothers ", to steal a movie phrase. ....🤣
and a great movie that I've watched a few times. I know exactly where I was sitting when Ambrose called me asking if I was a son of one of those that was in Easy Company and that he was writing a book that would tell the stories of these Heroes...This Band Of Brothers that fought in all the major Atlantic battles I told him no, but I can get his daughters phone number if you would like. He asked if he was alive and told him he passed a few years earlier...silence for maybe 30???? seconds and said he should have started his book sooner and that there would most likely be a movie based upon his book.

Some may recall the "guy from Kokomo" that had his own pistols. That was Floyd Talbert (GReentown) who was Lavon's best man. When Lavon's daughter saw the movie she immediately understood why her father drank so much! My sister said after seeing the movie how she wished they would have stayed around the kitchen table and listen to him longer. So much information gets buried and not realized until it is too late. Sorry for the slightly off topic...

Recruits are watching. Purdue will benefit from this.
As they rarely, if ever, have in the past. I did not see how recruiting was after the 1969 run, but I don't remember it begin great. I suspect running the hills on the West side of Ross-Ade was not high on many lists of "wants."

Reactions: tjreese
As they rarely, if ever, have in the past. I did not see how recruiting was after the 1969 run, but I don't remember it begin great. I suspect running the hills on the West side of Ross-Ade was not high on many lists of "wants."
nephew tore his knee running those hills...which prior to thought he was in the best shape ever...

• Sad
Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT