ADVERTISEMENT

Portal?

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Saw there was a pretty productive WR from Bama entering, as well as big time QB from Texas? You would think that Purdue would be on the radar for any skill position players.
We have opportunities all over the offense and defensive backfields for guys to come in an play from Day 1.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Saw there was a pretty productive WR from Bama entering, as well as big time QB from Texas? You would think that Purdue would be on the radar for any skill position players.
We have opportunities all over the offense and defensive backfields for guys to come in an play from Day 1.
With these opportunities to play right away, kind of makes you wonder why Purdue recruited so many players who evidently aren’t that talented in those positions

Reactions: Boiler8285
I believe you will see a shift in recruiting. A lot of 2/3 star recruits will be passed over as coaches spend more resources recruiting transfers who are already developed and don’t need to spend a year in the weight room redshirting

Yup. Saw the Alabama receiver on the ticker last night. Interesting in that he is already a productive receiver, not buried on the depth chart. Seems like a guy that is looking for that Charlie Jones esque year to move up in the NFL draft.

The pay portion said we have offered some WR in the portal. I don’t know who he is, but I expect we will see this a lot more as Brohm watches the portal wire for potential new players!

I sure would love to see Purdue start recruiting offensive linemen through the portal rather than using our process of red shirting and developing them. I sure wouldn’t mind having a lineman go to Alabama or uw or Iowa for their first 1-2 years and then transfer to Purdue!

The pay portion said we have offered some WR in the portal. I don’t know who he is, but I expect we will see this a lot more as Brohm watches the portal wire for potential new players!

I sure would love to see Purdue start recruiting offensive linemen through the portal rather than using our process of red shirting and developing them. I sure wouldn’t mind having a lineman go to Alabama or uw or Iowa for their first 1-2 years and then transfer to Purdue!
hopefully the wr is Lovett from Mizzou, get the OL Volk from Iowa

Pretty sure the receiver is Andrew Armstrong out of Texas A&M Commerce. Big receiver, 6'6" who put big numbers this year. A lot of schools are on him right now.

we can get anything through the portal.
Rick And Morty Ftp GIF by GIPHY Gaming

We got two receivers from Iowa last year. We signed that former nd receiver after he played somewhere. We signed a qb from ucla. We signed several other players.

Brohm has been able to sign players from a lot of quality teams!

Reactions: bonefish1
Does Drew Payne get people excited? Me, not really, but he could be a starter for Purdue.

Brohm is one of the best coaches at playing the portal game.

That was why I was a little surprised that he didn’t pick up Cronk after he left IU. And that QB that went to NW.

I have full confidence he’ll work his recruiting magic and. Bring in 3-4 players who were former 3/4 star players.

Does Drew Payne get people excited? Me, not really, but he could be a starter for Purdue.
This is a fairly interesting development. Not because I think he's coming to Purdue, but he was the starter at ND and seemingly had good success. Not sure what the story is there. Few places could get him more exposure than ND assuming he wants to go to the NFL.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
This is a fairly interesting development. Not because I think he's coming to Purdue, but he was the starter at ND and seemingly had good success. Not sure what the story is there. Few places could get him more exposure than ND assuming he wants to go to the NFL.
He must not be confident in his ability or the coaches feelings for him to be the starter next year.

ADVERTISEMENT