ADVERTISEMENT

Portal targets: Best of the MAC/D2 or former 5 star?

Who do you go after?

• The former 5 star from one of the top programs

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The guy who has proved himself at a non-power 5 or D2 school

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Who doe s program have a better chance of success with in the portal: a former 5 star from a top tier program that hasn't had much PT, or one of the best MAC/D2 players with flashy stats?

Both can clearly work, but I would say Purdue is a place where the latter has had more success. Walk-ons, diamonds in the rough, the blue collar kids..

A lot also depends on the year and age of each player! If the 5 star is 4 years away from high school and has never played it would be different if he was a first year player who redshirted!

A lot also depends on the year and age of each player! If the 5 star is 4 years away from high school and has never played it would be different if he was a first year player who redshirted!
I'll take that Fiske kid from WMU

Who doe s program have a better chance of success with in the portal: a former 5 star from a top tier program that hasn't had much PT, or one of the best MAC/D2 players with flashy stats?
I’d like to get that guard from Purdue out of the portal. Holster or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Tommaker
I would say Carson Steele of Ball State will have 20+ high majors offering him. I'll go with guys like him.

ADVERTISEMENT