ADVERTISEMENT

Portal - Illinois Linebacker Shammond Cooper

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
Former 4 star recruit from St Louis with offers from OSU, Wisconsin & MSU. Played in 18 games for Illinois with one year of eligibility. I think there's a good chance that he may follow Walter to Purdue. Something to keep an eye on.

Former 4 star recruit from St Louis with offers from OSU, Wisconsin & MSU. Played in 18 games for Illinois with one year of eligibility. I think there's a good chance that he may follow Walter to Purdue. Something to keep an eye on.

I'd take him, the article said he'd be considered a Jr for the 23 season. Treyson Potts a RB from Minn Gophers is in the portal, he was a pretty good RB from out here in Pa. He's 5-11 200 and has 3 yrs left to play

Last edited:
I'd take him, the article said he'd be considered a Jr for the 23 season. Treyson Potts a RB from Minn Gophers is in the portal, he was a pretty good RB from out here in Pa. He's 5-11 200 and has 3 yrs left to play
I’d take both.

Isn't it a little late to be bringing in guys now for 2023? What's the scholarship grid at right now?

Reactions: krf3632
I don’t think coaches are worrying about the number of scholarships available anymore, nor should they be…
Why? Do you think "Creaning" (for lack of a better term) has become SOP with most schools or just the thought that no matter who you are, you're gonna lose folks so there will be spots open?

Why? Do you think "Creaning" (for lack of a better term) has become SOP with most schools or just the thought that no matter who you are, you're gonna lose folks so there will be spots open?
With NIL and the transfer portal, everyone’s a free agent every year. So the portal door swings both ways.

“You’re going in the portal. So do you want to announce it or do you want us to?”

Sort of like if the NFL had a rule that all contracts could only be 1 year long.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Yes, please.

Milton is reportedly taking at least 1 course at Purdue to regain his standing as a student. Kudos to the kid for working to take advantage of a 2nd chance
Man I would love to see this kid make it back.

Just because you’re a knucklehead at 20 doesn’t mean you have to be a knucklehead at 30. I know this from personal experience…

Lots to like here. St. Louis guy from Walters’ previous school, in a position of need, and a late entry into the portal. As a player this late in the game, I’d want to go to a place that I knew had some stability and I wouldn’t need spring practices to learn their system.

ADVERTISEMENT