ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling vs Illinois

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Obviously CJB is back for this weekend's game against Illinois. I did not catch his show this week and am curious if the play calling will be more aggressive?

I thought the play calling last Saturday was a bit more reserved to allow players to get more comfortable in their positions.

For once in a long long time, we had a healthy enough OL that could help Purdue have a balanced run/pass game.
I believe they aimed for enough success to keep the ball moving and take a few shots when appropriate. A few coaches were covering H.C. and O.C. positions. I'm sure they wanted to have enough success without shooting ourselves with turnovers. Might have been a bit reserved.

Obviously CJB is back for this weekend's game against Illinois. I did not catch his show this week and am curious if the play calling will be more aggressive?

I thought the play calling last Saturday was a bit more reserved to allow players to get more comfortable in their positions.

CJB will play not to lose until he's forced to step on the gas.

Forecast 15-20 mph winds, gusting up to 30. Will probably limit the deep ball.

Wonder if he would have pulled Aiden after the second int if he were on the sidelines last week...

Offensively we will need king Doerue. Without Moore a mix of the king and the duck will keep Illinois honest. With Moore it will bust them up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT