ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Quinn

Matt Tiger

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2018
I like Kelly Kitchell but is Pete Quinn done as the Purdue color commemtator?Pete is a real character who I will miss.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I like Kelly Kitchell but is Pete Quinn done as the Purdue color commemtator?Pete is a real character who I will miss.
Idk for sure, but Kitch characterized it as ‘filling in’ for Pete … so maybe he just couldn’t make the UCONN trip for some reason.

I can add a humorous (and telling) story here. Ten years ago (give or take) Pete was on campus, and a handful of faculty were lassoed into joining a "meet-and-greet" to fill up some space in his schedule. In that meeting I asked him which of his professor(s) stood out as being particularly influential in the course of his education. He thought about the question for a moment and then reported that he could not remember the name of a single instructor he'd had during his time as a student.

I can add a humorous (and telling) story here. Ten years ago (give or take) Pete was on campus, and a handful of faculty were lassoed into joining a "meet-and-greet" to fill up some space in his schedule. In that meeting I asked him which of his professor(s) stood out as being particularly influential in the course of his education. He thought about the question for a moment and then reported that he could not remember the name of a single instructor he'd had during his time as a student.

Wasn't that interested in his education, I guess. I can name 15 to 20 of mine.

Dr. Benkeser taught organic chemistry and won the outstanding teaching professor for many years, fantastic teacher.

Then one of the worst was a math professor, Darst. Horrible! Came to lecture us occasionally, almost always late. Would enter room with his black boots, unclasped all the way up.

Marc Bissonette, physics teaching assistant. Without him, I would have had more trouble with physics 115.

Pete did the Oregon St. game.

I like Pete a great deal personally...great enthusiasm for everything, but, especially for Purdue. Only knock I have is that he is almost too much of a homer/too optimistic (every offensive play "just missed" being a TD...Purdue will not lose a game, etc.). He is the polar opposite of what Clisby was on the telecasts.

I miss Joe McConell...

Reactions: Inspector100
Pete did the Oregon St. game.

I like Pete a great deal personally...great enthusiasm for everything, but, especially for Purdue. Only knock I have is that he is almost too much of a homer/too optimistic (every offensive play "just missed" being a TD...Purdue will not lose a game, etc.). He is the polar opposite of what Clisby was on the telecasts.

I miss Joe McConell...
Or John DeCamp - right after we got electricity in the press box......

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT