ADVERTISEMENT

Per information from Dan Patrick show, 12-2 vote

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Iowa and Nebraska voted to play.

I encourage others to boycott Spring Football and not watch. Supporting Snowflakes is not desirable by me. If professional SOCCER can play, then WHY can't football play? What a horrid level of decision makers the NCAA and Conference commissioners have in not working thru protocols.
We are too scared to live freely and have to have people tell us what to do at every turn.

I encourage others to boycott Spring Football and not watch. Supporting Snowflakes is not desirable by me. If professional SOCCER can play, then WHY can't football play? What a horrid level of decision makers the NCAA and Conference commissioners have in not working thru protocols.
We are too scared to live freely and have to have people tell us what to do at every turn.
the ACL doctors are gonna be pissed

I'm disappointed as well. However, If the fall product was going to end up being a shitshow (and it would be) then I'm all for the spring.

While I Did not read the B!G protocols, from listening to sports talk radio in Houston, the protocols were outrageous, making it damn near impossible to get through a season. For example, offensive lineman tests positive after a game, everyone he came in contact with would need to go into a 14-day quarantine. While I don't expect a safe effective vaccine by spring, hopefully testing can be much improved to the point we don't need long quarantines.

I'm disappointed as well. However, If the fall product was going to end up being a shitshow (and it would be) then I'm all for the spring.

While I Did not read the B!G protocols, from listening to sports talk radio in Houston, the protocols were outrageous, making it damn near impossible to get through a season. For example, offensive lineman tests positive after a game, everyone he came in contact with would need to go into a 14-day quarantine. While I don't expect a safe effective vaccine by spring, hopefully testing can be much improved to the point we don't need long quarantines.
Not denying it may have been a bit of shitshow, but it would have moved forward. What gets me honked to no end is that NCAA Mark Emmert, all the Conference Commissioners, Legal oversight could not have had everything in place back in July before camps opened. Have safe protocols and practice in place to limit the exposure and issues. Soccer had less time than football and they have resumed and are playing.
That has contact as well. How are the Europeans doing this? They are "supposedly" so much better than the US in handling the pandemic. Unify the conferences vs letting them go their own way. We are now seeing the political ramifications into sports for young athletes. Very sad indeed.
To those that believe it should be on the General Forum. This is football related and deserves discussion here and now. How many Quality NFL caliber players will opt out in the Spring waiting for Draft? That too will deplete an OSU, Clemson or Alabama and make it a bit of a shitshow too.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Maybe some are cautious....not scared. Football will be just as much fun next Spring as it would have been this fall. If you can let it be.

Maybe some are cautious....not scared. Football will be just as much fun next Spring as it would have been this fall. If you can let it be.
Won’t watch it at all. Ohio State wants a separation from Big Ten for a year to go to SEC. Check out the main page

If Dan Patrick's source is correct, Mitch Daniels was 1 of the 12 B1G presidents to vote not to move forward with the fall football season over the weekend. Mitch has been as vocal as anyone about going forward with on campus learning this fall, and he hasn't had any qualms about voicing his anti-snowflake beliefs. If he's not on board, that tells me a lot about the student/faculty/staff/community challenges and problems being anticipated by the univ presidents.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2
If Dan Patrick's source is correct, Mitch Daniels was 1 of the 12 B1G presidents to vote not to move forward with the fall football season over the weekend. Mitch has been as vocal as anyone about going forward with on campus learning this fall, and he hasn't had any qualms about voicing his anti-snowflake beliefs. If he's not on board, that tells me a lot about the student/faculty/staff/community challenges and problems being anticipated by the univ presidents.
I cannot believe that Mitch would not at least support starting the season and then adjusting as needed. A pause could always be called and the season restarted in the spring, if necessary.
It would not surprise me to see games being played without fans. That lost revenue pales in comparison to the television revenue. And since fans could not attend in person, television ratings would probably be at record highs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT