ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State just got totally screwed.

So it's now legal to drag the ball along the ground out of bounds as far as you want as long as your body is in bounds? Got it. Must be new Covid rules. You have zero credibility with your silliness.

Drag the ball out of bounds? There’s literally not one still shot that shows the ball short of the goal line before the runner hits out of bounds. I beg you to show me otherwise.

Drag the ball out of bounds? There’s literally not one still shot that shows the ball short of the goal line before the runner hits out of bounds. I beg you to show me otherwise.
Your in for a very long night.... got about two million more football fans to convince it was legit. Good luck to you buddy.

Reactions: Indy_Rider and BBG
You don’t need to convince anything me of anything buddy. I’m looking at a 36-35 scoreboard. Let me guess, Big Ten conference and refs are in some conspiracy to screw over top 10 Penn State right before their game against Ohio State against lowly Indiana.

Nope... none of that conspiracy stuff. Just a bad call with a really bad review. Simple observation. You've proven you don't need to be convinced, question is why you trying so hard to convince everyone else? If it makes you feel better I thought it was an incredibly gutsy call to go for the win by Allen.... big props to him.

Nope... none of that conspiracy stuff. Just a bad call with a really bad review. Simple observation. You've proven you don't need to be convinced, question is why you trying so hard to convince everyone else?

LOL. You’re the one trying to convince people it was a bad call. I don’t need to convince anyone. The call on the field was upheld because there wasn’t definitive evidence to overturn. That’s obvious.

I wanted IU to lose but the way he held the ball could have allowed the nose to pass the goal line before hitting out of bounds. Whatever they called couldnt have been overturned

IU fan here, think we finally caught a break when it matters the most. Either side has a decent argument, but I'm probably more surprised a call went our way than the actual play. I didn't see the Purdue game today, but congrats and hope the Bucket game has huge implications for both teams.

IU fan here, think we finally caught a break when it matters the most. Either side has a decent argument, but I'm probably more surprised a call went our way than the actual play. I didn't see the Purdue game today, but congrats and hope the Bucket game has huge implications for both teams.
Congrats to you guys, doesn’t matter the call. A win is a win

Yeah! Yeah! We had to go 75 yards with 1:40 left, all they needed to do was stop us. You guys had a good win. Yeah Right!!! Iowa be lucky to win 3 games
All PSU had to do was take a knee. They were up 1 with 1:40 to go and IU let them score. IU only had 1 TO. If the rb goes down instead of running into the end zone, the game is over. Really bad coaching by JF

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and BBG
LOL. You’re the one trying to convince people it was a bad call. I don’t need to convince anyone. The call on the field was upheld because there wasn’t definitive evidence to overturn. That’s obvious.
Thanks for the fun tonight coach, just enjoy the win. Come back next Friday and we'll do it again so you can convince all of us that Kaufman was never considering Purdue and was a lock for IU all along, it'll be fun! :cool:

All PSU had to do was take a knee. They were up 1 with 1:40 to go and IU let them score. IU only had 1 TO. If the rb goes down instead of running into the end zone, the game is over. Really bad coaching by JF

Total choke job Penn State. That being said, IU still had to go the length of the field. They still had to convert a 2 pt conversion to force OT. And then obviously they gambled for the win.

Reactions: Dennis H.
Thanks for the fun tonight coach, just enjoy the win. Come back next Friday and we'll do it again so you can convince all of us that Kaufman was never considering Purdue and was a lock for IU all along, it'll be fun! :cool:

Great 180 Rain Man. Fits you well. Enjoy your night.

IU won a huge game. Purdue won a huge game. Congratulations to both teams.
Yeah I thought Penix got in when I watched it live, and didn’t see enough on replay to overturn. Plus Penn State screwed up so much they really didn’t deserve to win. They kept IU in it, and IU grabbed it from them. Franklin’s a tool anyway.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Total choke job Penn State. That being said, IU still had to go the length of the field. They still had to convert a 2 pt conversion to force OT. And then obviously they gambled for the win.

Actually the screw job was on that drive. The personal foul facemask was a bad call. The psu player grabbed the shoulder pad but the ref who threw the flag was behind it and made a bad call. From his position he saw the ball carrier's head turn and thought(incorrectly) that the defender had grabbed mask.

On the 2 point EP, I believe the ball hit out of bounds just short of the goal line and pylon but whatever they had called on the field was going to stand - not good enough/definitive video proof where the booth was going to overturn the original call on the field.

Penn State screwed themselves, it should have never came down to a judgement call if they fall on the ball instead of score, horrible clock management.

Lol it’s quite amazing. Continuously seeking our approval only to get shit on.
So I check this morning and it only got worse. It's quite amazing really, in a very sad way. I mean based on some of their responses, if you question the win it's like you killed their kid or something. Everyone's heard of "TDS" right?........... they've certainly got PDS.

Penn State screwed themselves, it should have never came down to a judgement call if they fall on the ball instead of score, horrible clock management.
I believe clock management in college football is the most botched up problem for most teams. Almost every game I watch has this issue, and separates winners from losers in close games.

There is literally nothing on replay that is definitive that would overturn the call on the field. Cry some more.
Penix touched the ball on the sideline prior to hitting the pylon. It was a close call but the replay booth got it wrong. IU was outgained 480 to 211 but PSU turned the ball over too much and kept IU in the game.

Reactions: jindy and BBG
Penix touched the ball on the sideline prior to hitting the pylon. It was a close call but the replay booth got it wrong. IU was outgained 480 to 211 but PSU turned the ball over too much and kept IU in the game.
PSU did everything they could to give the game away. IU (or at least the offense) did everything they could to give it back over the first 58 minutes.

I honestly think the TD was called based on hitting the pylon. But I think the replay didn't overturn because, although the ball CLEARLY hit the ground before hitting the pylon, there wasn't anything conclusive about whether the nose of the ball hit the plane before touching down. Whichever way it was called on the field was going to be how it was called on replay.

They always say football is a game of inches, but in this case, and as much as I hate the godless metric system, it was a game of millimeters.

Clearly the ball hit OB before the goal line, even changed the ball trajectory. Franklin’s going to be mega pissed when he sees the replay.
The nose of the ball crossed the line before it hit out of bounds. Take your biased glasses off

Yeah! Yeah! We had to go 75 yards with 1:40 left, all they needed to do was stop us. You guys had a good win. Yeah Right!!! Iowa be lucky to win 3 games

or PSU could have laid down on the one yard line and game over

It doesn’t have to touch the pylon for it to be a TD. There is literally nothing on replay that disputes any part of the football broke the plane of the goal line before the ball hit out of bounds. If there was, the call would have been overturned. Had the refs called the runner short initially, the call likely would have stood.

Learn the rules of replay.
It was the wrong call. If you freeze frame the video and step through it, the ball clearly brushes the white sideline grass something like 3 or 4 frames prior to touching the pylon.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
It was the wrong call. If you freeze frame the video and step through it, the ball clearly brushes the white sideline grass something like 3 or 4 frames prior to touching the pylon.

I’m not disputing that the ball hits out of bounds before it hits the pylon. That’s not in question. There isn’t indisputable evidence that the nose of the ball didn’t break the plane before hitting out of bounds. That’s why the call wasn’t overturned. It’s not the wrong call. It’s actually the correct call as you need indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Reactions: BTBall
There isn’t indisputable evidence that the nose of the ball didn’t break the plane before hitting out of bounds.

Plenty of folks feel otherwise.

I don't know if PSU plans to lodge a protest or complaint over it, but in the past, the B1G office has definitely offered apologies for screwed up reviews, for as much solace as they might offer to the losing team.

Reactions: Level 42
Plenty of folks feel otherwise.

Yeah I’m sure there are plenty of disgruntled PSU fans along with fans from a rival fan base who would have liked to seen the call on the field overturned. But there wasn’t clear and indisputable evidence.

Yeah I’m sure there are plenty of disgruntled PSU fans along with fans from a rival fan base who would have liked to seen the call on the field overturned. But there wasn’t clear and indisputable evidence.
I see you are still here needing our approval. Are you really this insecure?

This is a Purdue board, in case you forgot. If we did on IU’s boards what you are doing here, we’d be banned in minutes.

Banned for what? Commenting on the outcome of the Indiana/Penn State in a thread about the outcome of the Indiana/Penn State game? Grow up.

Reactions: BTBall
Banned for what? Commenting on the outcome of the Indiana/Penn State in a thread about the outcome of the Indiana/Penn State game? Grow up.
On the IU boards you get banned for saying anything the Nazi-like mods construe as being negative towards the Hurryin’ Hoosiers. Also, you seem to have an unusually large need to receive validation about the Hurryin’ Hoosiers from Purdue fans.

Reactions: Level 42
On the IU boards you get banned for saying anything the Nazi-like mods construe as being negative towards the Hurryin’ Hoosiers. Also, you seem to have an unusually large need to receive validation about the Hurryin’ Hoosiers from Purdue fans.

And that's my problem? What have I said negative towards Purdue? I'm not even talking about Purdue. I'm talking about the outcome of the Indiana/PSU game in a thread about the outcome of the Indiana/PSU game. It just so happens to be in a Purdue forum.

ADVERTISEMENT