ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St vs IU

ehuffma1

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2019
reality check....

IU is not really a good defensive team. PSU is jacking up all kinds of 3’s right now and not hitting jack crap....

The guy who was very hot st Mackey was left all alone... nobody within 10 feet and bricked it.

Just saying... PSU was unnaturally hot against us and I’m not sure the 3 point shooting had that much to do with defense.

They currently have 24 at the half. I am not convinced it’s bc that IU is playing better defense than we did.

reality check....

IU is not really a good defensive team. PSU is jacking up all kinds of 3’s right now and not hitting jack crap....

The guy who was very hot st Mackey was left all alone... nobody within 10 feet and bricked it.

Just saying... PSU was unnaturally hot against us and I’m not sure the 3 point shooting had that much to do with defense.

They currently have 24 at the half. I am not convinced it’s bc that IU is playing better defense than we did.
IU will win at Mackey

[/quote]
Pretty cool that we’ve won 7 straight Super Bowls. Meanwhile iu has given up a 16-0 run to PSU lol.[/QUOTE]

Wow, stepped away for lunch when they were up 19. Now it is tied.

Haha..: Lamar Stevens just happened...

Dress got “hot”

16-0 run.
PSU is a talented team. Lamar Stevens could be Big10 player of the year...

Purdue will be ready. It is their Super Bowl on many levels.
Pretty cool that we’ve won 7 straight Super Bowls. Meanwhile iu has given up a 16-0 run to PSU lol.[/QUOTE]
The game isn't important for IU just because it is purdue. It is important because wins matter at this time of the year. Keeping single digit loss totals are important.

I don't expect IU will win out, but players are emerging that are making them a more physical team. Race Thompson needs more minutes and to continue the progress he made. It sucks he wasn't 100% the last time we played. He is a missing piece IU has needed.

IU needs 2-3 wins. I don't care where they come from. Win them all and get a favorable NCAA seeding

Pretty cool that we’ve won 7 straight Super Bowls. Meanwhile iu has given up a 16-0 run to PSU lol.
The game isn't important for IU just because it is purdue. It is important because wins matter at this time of the year. Keeping single digit loss totals are important.

I don't expect IU will win out, but players are emerging that are making them a more physical team. Race Thompson needs more minutes and to continue the progress he made. It sucks he wasn't 100% the last time we played. He is a missing piece IU has needed.

IU needs 2-3 wins. I don't care where they come from. Win them all and get a favorable NCAA seeding[/QUOTE]

This game means everything to Purdue. Everything. The hog barn will be rocking.

IU needs 2-3 wins. I don't care where they come from. Win them all and get a favorable NCAA seeding

This game means everything to Purdue. Everything. The hog barn will be rocking.[/QUOTE]
If this game doesn’t mean anything to a team that got beat soundly in their house, then they probably aren’t a team worth bragging about.

It is nice to see the IU fans puffing their chests out about a team that is in 9th place however. Half a decade of missing the tournament must’ve been rough.

There Is no rivalry anymore because iu consistently loses. Back to the cess pool with you. Congrats to iu for getting a huge win today. Have fun losing in the first round of the tournament. Weak ass schedule hurt them imo

There Is no rivalry anymore because iu consistently loses. Back to the cess pool with you. Congrats to iu for getting a huge win today. Have fun losing in the first round of the tournament. Weak ass schedule hurt them imo

An IU thread which trashes the Hoosiers this year?Trash em all you care to, but this season, IU only has one loss to a team that will not be going to the NCAA tournament. IU also has six quad one wins. If they beat Purdue this Thursday they will very likely eliminate Purdue from NIT consideration.

They likely have their third straight Indiana Mr. Basketball coming in next year (Leal is the front runner). Lander may be joining next year too.

For all the ‘Little Archie’ snide remarks and IU’s troubles at the end of Crean’s tenure, Archie is showing real progress every single year. And they don’t lose any starters next year; just DeRon Davis and Green.

IU is doing just fine.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
An IU thread which trashes the Hoosiers this year?Trash em all you care to, but this season, IU only has one loss to a team that will not be going to the NCAA tournament. IU also has six quad one wins. If they beat Purdue this Thursday they will very likely eliminate Purdue from NIT consideration.

They likely have their third straight Indiana Mr. Basketball coming in next year (Leal is the front runner). Lander may be joining next year too.

For all the ‘Little Archie’ snide remarks and IU’s troubles at the end of Crean’s tenure, Archie is showing real progress every single year. And they don’t lose any starters next year; just DeRon Davis and Green.

IU is doing just fine.

Glad Archie is doing well. IU should be set for a long time. Great coach.

Erock_94 said:

IU is doing just fine.
[/quote]
The only reason Leal would be the front runner is because Ivey is ineligible due to playing at LaLu. Remember Ivey? He’s the guy that iu wanted but chose Purdue. Or maybe that was Morton? Nope, it was both. Keep talking up you Plan-B recruiting class and your coach that might make the tournament for the first time in 4 years. I hope Lil Arch is there for a long, long time.

IU is doing just fine.
Mr Basketball doesn’t mean much anymore when a lot of the great players finish at prep schools, like Jaden Ivey for example, who is more highly ranked than Leal.

When’s Archie getting his extension?

IU is doing just fine.
The only reason Leal would be the front runner is because Ivey is ineligible due to playing at LaLu. Remember Ivey? He’s the guy that iu wanted but chose Purdue. Or maybe that was Morton? Nope, it was both. Keep talking up you Plan-B recruiting class and your coach that might make the tournament for the first time in 4 years. I hope Lil Arch is there for a long, long time.[/QUOTE]

Yup-He’s getting it done with Indiana high school players. Crean relied largely on out-of-state kids and prep school players. I prefer Archie’s strategy greatly.

And no question we can agree, apparently we both hope that Archie is at IU for a long, long time.

The only reason Leal would be the front runner is because Ivey is ineligible due to playing at LaLu. Remember Ivey? He’s the guy that iu wanted but chose Purdue. Or maybe that was Morton? Nope, it was both. Keep talking up you Plan-B recruiting class and your coach that might make the tournament for the first time in 4 years. I hope Lil Arch is there for a long, long time.

Yup-He’s getting it done with Indiana high school players. Crean relied largely on out-of-state kids and prep school players. I prefer Archie’s strategy greatly.

And no question we can agree, apparently we both hope that Archie is at IU for a long, long time.[/QUOTE]

He’s really getting it done. Fantastic job. New sheriff in town!

Purdue will be ready. It is their Super Bowl on many levels.
It is not important to beat Indiana no more they are a has been And never will be Again. If you're going to claim any team to be Purdue Super Bowl it would be Michigan state since they are at the top every year but this year. Indiana is just like playing ball state now At least for purdue.

And no question we can agree, apparently we both hope that Archie is at IU for a long, long time.

He’s really getting it done. Fantastic job. New sheriff in town![/QUOTE]
Hey-I’m not into irrational crap about IU either, and I’m pretty sure that’s where you’re going to take it.

FWIW, I think Painter is truly excellent too, and that Ivey will be exactly what Purdue needs.

The original point of this thread was that PSU players were not hitting 3’s and it wasn’t bc of outstanding defense. IU is average. PSU just had a hot shooting day. Lamar Stevens was good today, as always.

IU can suck it... see you Thursday... haha

IU is doing just fine.

Remind me, how many consecutive NCAA tournaments has Little Archie taken this IU team to?
It's funny how we let you IU guys on this board while your board bans any Purdue people commenting over there. Why is that?

reality check....

IU beat them...Purdue was never even in the game. IU has defended home court when it most needed to...Purdue did not.

I for the life of me cannot make sense of Purdue winning down there...it seemed big at the time...in hindsight, it was just nice for the sake of Purdue beating IU again, as, the game did nothing to affect the fortunes of either team. Purdue has been awful since that game...who knew that was the high point of the season, at the time, and, ultimately.

Remind me, how many consecutive NCAA tournaments has Little Archie taken this IU team to?
It's funny how we let you IU guys on this board while your board bans any Purdue people commenting over there. Why is that?

A straight answer to your passive aggressive question? Zero. Three years: 16-15 1st year, 19-16 2nd year, 18-9 this year so far.

And, my board has NEVER banned a Purdue poster .

IU beat them...Purdue was never even in the game. IU has defended home court when it most needed to...Purdue did not.

I for the life of me cannot make sense of Purdue winning down there...it seemed big at the time...in hindsight, it was just nice for the sake of Purdue beating IU again, as, the game did nothing to affect the fortunes of either team. Purdue has been awful since that game...who knew that was the high point of the season, at the time, and, ultimately.

That game was truly a turning point for IU’s season. And very importantly, it was the last game of Race Thompson’s injury issues. He has been a real difference maker since then.

True... I am just ticked that they couldn’t miss a 3 against us. They were much more at their normal level today. That was my only point.

That game was truly a turning point for IU’s season. And very importantly, it was the last game of Race Thompson’s injury issues. He has been a real difference maker since then.
Not buying it...as they were awful a week ago in Ann Arbor.

Race Thompson has helped, but, the notion of him being a "difference-maker" is way overblown.

If Devonte Green did not have an amazing game against Iowa, despite taking the same bad/selfish shots that he regularly has and does, they would have lost that game as well....so, again, not buying the turning point notion...to their credit, they have won games that they needed to...Purdue has failed to do so...but it is not as if they are playing great basketball by any means...and, the loss to Purdue was inexcusable, never mind in the fashion that it happened.

True... I am just ticked that they couldn’t miss a 3 against us. They were much more at their normal level today. That was my only point.
IU brought effort though regardless today, unlike Purdue when they hosted PSU...IU played as if the game rally mattered, whereas Purdue did not (nor did they yesterday). Finally, IU has a guy (or guys) that can get them a basket when they need one...Purdue does not.

It is pretty simple with Purdue...if they do not have a pretty significant lead 5-10 minutes in, they are going to struggle to win...as they just don't possess the offense to play 40 minutes with someone, and, they do not have the defensive consistency to help in that regard either.

Not buying it...as they were awful a week ago in Ann Arbor.

Race Thompson has helped, but, the notion of him being a "difference-maker" is way overblown.

If Devonte Green did not have an amazing game against Iowa, despite taking the same bad/selfish shots that he regularly has and does, they would have lost that game as well....so, again, not buying the turning point notion...to their credit, they have won games that they needed to...Purdue has failed to do so...but it is not as if they are playing great basketball by any means...and, the loss to Purdue was inexcusable, never mind in the fashion that it happened.
Good point. But Michigan is so good right now. No shame in losing to them for either IU or Purdue.

IU brought effort though regardless today, unlike Purdue when they hosted PSU...IU played as if the game rally mattered, whereas Purdue did not (nor did they yesterday). Finally, IU has a guy (or guys) that can get them a basket when they need one...Purdue does not.

It is pretty simple with Purdue...if they do not have a pretty significant lead 5-10 minutes in, they are going to struggle to win...as they just don't possess the offense to play 40 minutes with someone, and, they do not have the defensive consistency to help in that regard either.
That’s not new around here, but I completely agree: Purdue very much needs a well-rounded go-to player.

Ivey is the best shot at getting that guy, but the #75 ranked recruit is not likely to be that guy as a freshman.

Purdue played well in that game...not outstanding, but solid the whole game an dlike a machine they won. IU is doing better and Purdue is not since that game and apparently has a lot of distractions. The mental side should have IU hungry and who knows about Purdue. Generally it is very close unlike the last game and comes down to a couple of possessions. It will be very tough Thursday ...look for Bo to be there and maybe szelc to go along with the Purdue distractions at this time

It is not important to beat Indiana no more they are a has been And never will be Again. If you're going to claim any team to be Purdue Super Bowl it would be Michigan state since they are at the top every year but this year. Indiana is just like playing ball state now At least for purdue.
Is that why PU chants "Ball State Sucks" at every home game?

Purdue is a school of scientific fact sharing and that's why we all know that IU SUCKS!!!

as part of that scientific fact sharing, I was taught the scientific method/process, of starting with a hypothesis ( speculating) collecting data (researching), verifying data (being realistic and objective rather than being a homer) reaching conclusions ( analysis and thinking outside the box) and being able to write error paragraphs( admitting when you're wrong) .

isn't that what chem 115-116 was supposed to be all about? to teach people how to think rather than just regurgitating facts and formulas? Sometimes I sense all Purdue grads are capable of doing is spitting out memorized stats.

I'm sorry, I was taught that stats are just data points, and it's the intelligent person that can utilize those stats to reach speculative conclusions. That's how we reached the moon - outside the box thinkers who used stats to speculate and dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT