Peach Jam

anon_y5n942o85fk69

True Freshman
May 11, 2007
Valp
Peach Jam starts tomorrow.
D1Circuit.com

Is IT playing?
If he does, you would think Indy Heat has a shot to win their pool.

EYBL Stats:

Malik Hall-#7-Mokan Elite
14.5 ppg
4.7 rpg
2.4 apg

Isaiah Thompson-#11-Indy Heat
no stats

Keion Brooks Jr - #12-Indy Heat-2nd team ALL EYBL
21.5 ppg
7 rpg
2.1 apg

Trayce Jackson-Davis -#23-Indy Heat- 3rd team ALL EYBL
19.3 ppg
7.7 rpg
1.5 apg

Brandon Newman-#10-Mean Streets- 3rd Team ALL EYBL
18.3 ppg
5.1 rpg
1.1 apg

Armaan Franklin-#2-Mean Streets
9.9 ppg
4.4 rpg
1.9 apg

Drew Timme-#2-Drive Nation
14.5 ppg
8.4 rpg
2.3 apg

I looked up the Peach Jam. They have a schedule which includes box scores. IT played last night and had 7 points. (Click on FINAL next to the game score.)

https://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/930313

And if you follow this link and fast forward to the 2:50:00 mark, you can watch the full stream of IT, TJD and Brooks play against Each 1 Teach 1. That was the noon game from today. Box score doesn't seem to be posted yet, so you'll have to watch to find out! :)

Reactions: Boilermb
Brian tweeted that IT was playing well today and had 16 points in the first half. Haven't heard how many he finished with. The box score isn't up on the website yet.

Reactions: PU pit bull
He seems to be working his game back from his injury into shape very nicely and very quickly

Scoring was never an issue for him. IT is a heck of a shooter and is quick enough to get his own shot. He will need to get stronger and stay healthy. He has a high basketball IQ and should be fantastic at the next level. Can't wait until he is in a Purdue uniform.

Didn't watch the whole game, but sure looked like Indy Heat got beat handily. Saw a handful of points from IT, couple of TO's. Wasn't overly impressed with the "bigger" named players...….but admittedly I wasn't too focused on the game. I know how these games are played LOL.

How many assists did he have? Is he basically a shooter? I thought we were getting a distributor as well.

How many assists did he have? Is he basically a shooter? I thought we were getting a distributor as well.
1 assist from what I found.

Keep in mind that he is more of a SG now same as PJ. PJ was a pretty prolific scorer in high school but became a PG because Painter needed him to run/initiate the offense.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
IT is more of a natural off ball scorer right now because that is what he does at Zionsville. He is more than able to play as the primary ball handler and dish the ball out. I’m not really going to look at a players assist numbers in an AAU tourney unless they are a known poor offensive player.

For anyone who has seen both play, compare Hunter and IT.
Hunter is more of a pure scorer and a better overall athlete at this point in time. IT has more potential as a PG where as Hunter is much more of a combo guard in the mold of Carsen...just not as well built.

Hunter, coming in, has all the tools to hit every shot from the floor. IT is still working to get to that level, imo.

For anyone who has seen both play, compare Hunter and IT.
Very similar players IMO . I will be nit picking to find much of a difference . Hunter is more physical and hunts contact on both ends of the court . Isaiah uses angles and cunning to beat you rarely turns it over . If you sag off of Isaiah its going in no matter the distance . With Hunter he shoots best when closely guarded . Hunter will be better at switching onto bigger players IMO . As I said nit picking .

I know it is an absolute long shot, but I still hold out hope that IT can persuade Davis to join him at Purdue

I know it is an absolute long shot, but I still hold out hope that IT can persuade Davis to join him at Purdue
That ship has pretty much sailed at this point from what I have been told. Final 3 are IU, MSU, and UCLA. He is also open to the big dogs like Duke and UK as well.

He was absolutely abused a couple games ago. One game isn't fair to judge someone, but I wasn't impressed. Some say he and Brooks were tired?? while coaches are watching?? IU had Archie, Schilling, etc at center court......and these guys aren't motivated?? OK...….

Last edited:
Only 5 pts on 2-5 shooting in the first game Friday, but 16 pts and 7 ast in the 2nd game. 4 games in 2 days a lot coming off injury.

Reactions: Gary Boiler
Only 5 pts on 2-5 shooting in the first game Friday, but 16 pts and 7 ast in the 2nd game. 4 games in 2 days a lot coming off injury.

Totally agree. I would actually like to see him take it easy, but that ain't happening. Brooks must be injured or something, haven't seen his name in the last couple of games??? He hasn't exactly had a memorable tournament.

TJD was a dunking machine. When he was forced to shoot, he was terribly inefficient. IT lead the team in scoring and was 40+% from 3. IT currently outside the top 200, but he looked just as good, if not better than the two top 25 guys.

By the way, Windham likely helped his stock. 40+% from 3 and is listed as a 6'4 SG. I am sure Painter took note. Known as a sharp shooter and he has some decent size.

Hall looks dominant. He will be a star.

Hall, Newman, IT, and Gillis would be one heck of a class.

Other players to watch: Dontaie Allen. Really improved his stock as well. Already holds an offer from Purdue. Added a bunch of offers including OK and Florida. Kentucky was looking at him. He looked pretty dominant.

ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5E346806842032263169&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fplayer%2Fdontaie-allen-46035698

Arman Franklin looked good for mean streets. Not getting as much attention as some of the others, but he belongs at a P5 school.

Heat
https://www.d1circuit.com/stats/tea...4&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2957276

Mean Streets
https://www.d1circuit.com/stats/tea...4&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2957276

Purdue is after some really really good players. Have two solid pieces already and many options for the third and fourth. Any two of this group: Hall, Newman, Franklin, Allen would finish up the class nicely. Windham made himself an option as well. That is 5 really good plan A guys to fill two spots. I don't know that I can say I have any favorites outside of Hall. Every one of those dudes can ball.

I think had IT not committed prior to his junior year, he would have had sniffs from a lot more major programs. Everyone knew IT has had a really good connection with CMP ever since PJ was recruited and I know the entire family really loved CMP going to bat for PJ and giving him an offer and holding true to his word.

PJ is a true Boiler and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back as a grad assistant or video coordinator soon.

TJD was a dunking machine. When he was forced to shoot, he was terribly inefficient. IT lead the team in scoring and was 40+% from 3. IT currently outside the top 200, but he looked just as good, if not better than the two top 25 guys.

By the way, Windham likely helped his stock. 40+% from 3 and is listed as a 6'4 SG. I am sure Painter took note. Known as a sharp shooter and he has some decent size.

Other players to watch: Dontaie Allen. Really improved his stock as well. Already holds an offer from Purdue. Added a bunch of offers including OK and Florida. Kentucky was looking at him. He looked pretty dominant.

ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5E346806842032263169&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2Fplayer%2Fdontaie-allen-46035698

Arman Franklin looked good for mean streets. Not getting as much attention as some of the others, but he belongs at a P5 school.

Heat

Mean Streets

Purdue is after some really really good players. Have two solid pieces already and many options for the third and fourth. Any two of this group: Hall, Newman, Franklin, Allen would finish up the class nicely. Windham made himself an option as well. That is 5 really good plan A guys to fill two spots. I don't know that I can say I have any favorites outside of Hall. Every one of those dudes can ball.
Thanks for the updates

Reactions: hoosierdog1

Heat

Mean Streets

It takes a lot of time to put a post like this together. I for one appreciate it. Thanks.

This is the first I'm hearing about Windham. What's the scoop on him?

He has no offers currently with interest in Ball State, IUPUI, and Indiana State. 6'4 and was referred to as a sharp shooter. Second in shooting only to IT.

He was also a tournament standout. Painter has been liking shooters and he was watching the Heat play (IT, TJD, and KBJ also on that team with Windham). Painter likes players with some length that can play multiple positions and he likes shooters. Windham is both of those things. 2019 prospect out of Ben Davis. I can see him getting some extra looks from other schools with his performance.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Windham-46051654

If you check my previous post for the link on the Indy Heat, it will give you his overall stats. If you click on his 247 it links his twitter. There you can see his individual game statistics.

I don't know that he has moved himself into top priority range, but I could see him getting an offer if certain dominos fall. The game has changed. Lumbering centers that can't guard the perimeter or shoot are going away. Teams that shoot the 3 point shot well tend to find more success. Windham gives the size to play 1-3 and can shoot the lights out.

I think Purdue is still treating Hall as priority number one. His ranking (68 on 247) is way too low. He is a top 25 talent. Can literally do it all. Franklin, Allen, and Newman are on that next priority tier, likely with Newman just a little ahead. I don't think Windham gets an offer unless the other pieces are off the board.

I believe the ship has sailed for TJD and KBJ. Neither really had a super great showing at the Peach Jam, but it was against the best teams in the nation. TJD is so incredibly athletically gifted for his size. If he can develop some touch, he will be a star. TJD and KBJ allowed Windham and IT to get the open looks and they took advantage. I think Painter would take either, but I think they are looking elsewhere. Purdue is pretty crowded in the front court currently.

All of the names I mentioned showed very well at the Peach Jam. Grab two of those names and I will be ecstatic!

So, does Hall have a similar inside/outside game to Vince but a much better athlete? I wonder if that's how MP is selling him that position:
"Hey man, you can shoot 3's, we'll run iso and let you go one on one to the rim, you can post up, you can get a defensive rebound and start the break."

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
So, does Hall have a similar inside/outside game to Vince but a much better athlete? I wonder if that's how MP is selling him that position:
"Hey man, you can shoot 3's, we'll run iso and let you go one on one to the rim, you can post up, you can get a defensive rebound and start the break."
You nailed it on the comparison to Vince. Would say he is more athletic regarding jumping ability at this stage.

Here is how I view the comparison to Vince. They were both Swiss Army knife type of players. Complete games that can do it all. But I would campare freshman Hall to Junior Vince. He is coming in that much higher because of the advantage athletically over Vince.

Hall has the expectations/potential more compareable to Biggie. He will take a leadership role immediately, especially when Carsen leaves. I don't see Hall laying 4 years either. If Purdue can get him and hold onto him for 3 years while adding a Newman, Franklin, or Allen, I will guarantee at least one Big championship and at least an elite 8. Hall is an NBA player and will work perfect in Painter's system, especially with the shooters Painter keeps bringing in.

He has no offers currently with interest in Ball State, IUPUI, and Indiana State. 6'4 and was referred to as a sharp shooter. Second in shooting only to IT.

He was also a tournament standout. Painter has been liking shooters and he was watching the Heat play (IT, TJD, and KBJ also on that team with Windham). Painter likes players with some length that can play multiple positions and he likes shooters. Windham is both of those things. 2019 prospect out of Ben Davis. I can see him getting some extra looks from other schools with his performance.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Windham-46051654

If you check my previous post for the link on the Indy Heat, it will give you his overall stats. If you click on his 247 it links his twitter. There you can see his individual game statistics.

I don't know that he has moved himself into top priority range, but I could see him getting an offer if certain dominos fall. The game has changed. Lumbering centers that can't guard the perimeter or shoot are going away. Teams that shoot the 3 point shot well tend to find more success. Windham gives the size to play 1-3 and can shoot the lights out.

I think Purdue is still treating Hall as priority number one. His ranking (68 on 247) is way too low. He is a top 25 talent. Can literally do it all. Franklin, Allen, and Newman are on that next priority tier, likely with Newman just a little ahead. I don't think Windham gets an offer unless the other pieces are off the board.

I believe the ship has sailed for TJD and KBJ. Neither really had a super great showing at the Peach Jam, but it was against the best teams in the nation. TJD is so incredibly athletically gifted for his size. If he can develop some touch, he will be a star. TJD and KBJ allowed Windham and IT to get the open looks and they took advantage. I think Painter would take either, but I think they are looking elsewhere. Purdue is pretty crowded in the front court currently.

All of the names I mentioned showed very well at the Peach Jam. Grab two of those names and I will be ecstatic!
Thanks for the wonderful write up! Did you actually go to the Peach Jam?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT