ADVERTISEMENT

Passing Through

Sep 14, 2018
I am traveling from Chicago to Indianapolis next weekend. Are there any good secret hole in the wall restaurants around Purdue. I am not looking to spend more than 40 dollars per person. Thanks.

Just off I65 in Lafayette (exit for IN26) is Mountain Jacks, a locally owned steakhouse. Probably $20-$30 a plate. If you are willing to go a bit further off the interstate, you could head to McGraw’s Steakhouse off of River Road in West Lafayette (roughly 20 min off I65). Located on the Wabash River but it’ll likely be about $30-$40 a plate.

If you want real local flavor, could go to Triple XXX on campus. It was featured on Drivers, Diners, and Dives with a Guy Fieri a few years ago. Old school diner with food/combos named after famous Purdue alums/athletes. About $10-$15 per person.

If you like Chinese food, Lin’s Wok is good too. For Korean, try Kibu Cafe. You can also try to feel like a freshman and go to Ford Dining Court in Purdue U. They have surprisingly good food.

Reactions: buffboiler
Just off I65 in Lafayette (exit for IN26) is Mountain Jacks, a locally owned steakhouse. Probably $20-$30 a plate. If you are willing to go a bit further off the interstate, you could head to McGraw’s Steakhouse off of River Road in West Lafayette (roughly 20 min off I65). Located on the Wabash River but it’ll likely be about $30-$40 a plate.

If you want real local flavor, could go to Triple XXX on campus. It was featured on Drivers, Diners, and Dives with a Guy Fieri a few years ago. Old school diner with food/combos named after famous Purdue alums/athletes. About $10-$15 per person.

Oooh forget what I said. JohnnyDoe is right.

Reactions: JohnnyDoeBoiler
I am traveling from Chicago to Indianapolis next weekend. Are there any good secret hole in the wall restaurants around Purdue. I am not looking to spend more than 40 dollars per person. Thanks.
9 Irish Brothers. Irish Pub with very good food. There is one in Lafayette and one in W. Lafayette. For an appetizer, I recommend the goat cheese fritters. For the soup, try the lobster bisque. Both the fish & chips and the prime rib are favorites for my family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT