ADVERTISEMENT

Parking question for Northwestern game at Wrigley

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Serious question regarding parking. Not big on the thought of forking out $60 parking. Any insight appreciated. Got to meet up with a buddy at 10 am. He is coming up from Lafayette, IN and I from Milwaukee.

Not opposed to walking a mile, just have no idea how far West to park since it is been longer than a decade since I've been to Wrigley Field (Cubs game). Back then I parked at Skokie and took the yellow line to red line down to Addison station which was quite convenient. Post covid service, I have no idea if I should trust train service or do the car, park and walk.
If I do the park and walk. What cross streets would be helpful so as to not get a ticket.

Trains are fine and really almost the easiest...certainly the cheapest.

If you park near Wrigley, the Cubs Toyota lot is indeed like $60 (it is for Cubs games at least). There are other people that park nearby where it is $25 or $30.

You can park at Navy Pier ($25 for the day I believe)...take a free trolley if it is running to the Red Line which will take you right to Wrigley.

The Cubs have a lot as well that has a shuttle service...I thought it was at least less expensive.

Reactions: MilwaukeeBoilerFan
Trains are fine and really almost the easiest...certainly the cheapest.

If you park near Wrigley, the Cubs Toyota lot is indeed like $60 (it is for Cubs games at least). There are other people that park nearby where it is $25 or $30.

You can park at Navy Pier ($25 for the day I believe)...take a free trolley if it is running to the Red Line which will take you right to Wrigley.

The Cubs have a lot as well that has a shuttle service...I thought it was at least less expensive.
Thanks. Checking the Cubs remote lot and shuttle (not sure if it is running football gameday).

I lived in Chicago and suburbs for 20 years. Park in Wilmette or Evanston and take the CTA to Howard and then transfer across the platform to the Red line at Howard. That will take you to Addison (Wrigley - one block away.) Takes about 25 minutes.

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13
Email that I received today:

"Free remote parking will be offered at 3900 N. Rockwell St., located approximately 2.5 miles from the ballpark. This lot includes free shuttle service to and from Wrigley Field. Services begin approximately two hours prior to the start of the game and returning shuttles run approximately one hour after the end of the game. Tailgating is not permitted.

Limited parking will be available for purchase beginning at 7 a.m. CT the day of the game in our Toyota Camry Lot (1126 W. Grace St. Chicago, IL 60613) and Irving Park Lot (1052 W. Irving Park Rd. Chicago, IL 60613) on a first-come, first-served basis. Payment for parking includes a credit card, debit card or mobile wallet. No cash will be accepted. Tailgating is not permitted.

A designated group charter, coach bus, limousine and black car service drop-off and pick-up location will be located on Irving Park Road between Clark Street and Seminary Avenue. Taxis will be available and staged along Clark Street on the southbound curb, just south of Addison Street."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT