ADVERTISEMENT

Parallels between Colts/Ballard and Purdue/Painter

New Pal Boiler

All-American
Jun 30, 2010
Any other Colts and Purdue hoops fans notice any parallels between the 2 organizations and their current leaders?

Outdated schemes

Stubbornness about said schemes

Stubbornness about roster construction

Overvaluing of less important positions, undervaluing of more important positions

Refusal/inability to be aggressive in the portal/free agency

Or am I overthinking this?

Any other Colts and Purdue hoops fans notice any parallels between the 2 organizations and their current leaders?

Outdated schemes

Overvaluing of less important positions, undervaluing of more important positions

The only difference is Painter has consistently won and has sustained success. Just can't get to the big one.

Ballard hasn't won anything and the team is arguably in worse shape than when he took over. I can't believe they didn't cut him loose and are letting him pick the franchise QB.

Reactions: Poprudy
The only difference is Painter has consistently won and has sustained success. Just can't get to the big one.

Ballard hasn't won anything and the team is arguably in worse shape than when he took over. I can't believe they didn't cut him loose and are letting him pick the franchise QB.
Another parallel: both teams have lots of “solid” “nice”, “fine” players, who are “good people”, but no explosive WOW weapons.

Yet both teams say, “we like our guys.”

Outdated schemes

Complete apples to oranges comparison. While this free agency bs going on right now makes me want to puke and it has come close to turning college sports into nothing more than semipro endeavors, there are still a few programs that try to follow the student athlete model like Purdue does. Purdue is an academic university that just happens to do sports and I for one hope it stays that way. Amazing that Purdue still out performs many of the athletic first universities historically at least on the basketball floor.

Reactions: Ajas0810

Outdated schemes

The biggest leaders in both courts/fields are PG and QB. Which team has an elite player at that position? I partially blame Reich for his down field calls and off field decisions with the QB. I surely hope Shane changes the dynamics of this team with Irsay and Ballard taking a step back. Paint is to blame for recruiting system guys. Get a dynamic PG and who knows where we can go, but it can't be "hit or miss".

The most obvious parallel is that both have been revered as elite until now. Painter has been getting a ton of love from the entire nation for a while now, and Ballard was basically declared the goat GM from the moment he got the job. At least Painter has won a bunch of games. Ballard just somehow brainwashed the media. I honestly still don't see the criticism he deserves outside of Colt fans.

The most obvious parallel is that both have been revered as elite until now. Painter has been getting a ton of love from the entire nation for a while now, and Ballard was basically declared the goat GM from the moment he got the job. At least Painter has won a bunch of games. Ballard just somehow brainwashed the media. I honestly still don't see the criticism he deserves outside of Colt fans.
He’s got big time running backs, linebackers and guards, man!!

Just need a quarterback, left tackle, #1 receiver, edge rusher, a corner, and they’re all set !!!

• Haha
Reactions: Roeder
Another parallel: apparently one reason the Colts won’t go after Lamar Jackson is that Irsay would have to put up the entire guaranteed portion ( upwards of $200 million) of the contract in cash, into an escrow account, which he may be unable to do.

ADVERTISEMENT