ADVERTISEMENT

Painter is #1 bargain coach

Do Dah Day

All-American
Nov 8, 2015
Edey and his meager NIL at Purdue is a bigger value than Painter.

Would be funny as hell to witness the meltdown when a big boy program offers him 2-3 million for next season.

Any sane player would take that cash.

If Edey leads Purdue to a National Championship this season, he would be more than deserving to get all he can get wherever it may be. Short of winning that banner, my thought is he chooses to stay.

I agree that it is bad that Painter is 6th in the BT. Forget coaching though, I just don’t see with the NIL and everything else how this money train in sports keeps going after a while. Who pays for all this, the fans obviously.
It has to hit a point where the average fans says they have had enough. Prime example, you got the Giants paying Daniel Jones now $40 million a year. He is an above average QB. He is definitely not one of the top 10 to 12 QBs. Are we going to see people like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, etc making $75 to $80 million a year in the next 5 years?

I agree that it is bad that Painter is 6th in the BT. Forget coaching though, I just don’t see with the NIL and everything else how this money train in sports keeps going after a while. Who pays for all this, the fans obviously.
It has to hit a point where the average fans says they have had enough. Prime example, you got the Giants paying Daniel Jones now $40 million a year. He is an above average QB. He is definitely not one of the top 10 to 12 QBs. Are we going to see people like Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, etc making $75 to $80 million a year in the next 5 years?
Depends on the Media pay. What's it worth to an owner to get to the NFL semi-finals? What's the risk worth to not make the superbowl? IMHO, the NIL is all about pride. What is the ultimate cost of pride? No one can say the Dance produces the best team as the National Champ. No way a one-&-done does that. So what is that risk worth?

It will be more fun watching the meltdown at Indinia when he returns to Purdue.

I'd be very surprized if he returns. Unless he feels or is told there are segments of his game he needs to work on to have a chance at the next level.

I'd be very surprized if he returns. Unless he feels or is told there are segments of his game he needs to work on to have a chance at the next level.
Interesting you say this as I feel Zach probably has some skills we don’t see.

Yeah, you don't see anyone like him in the NBA. Some here will say that it's because they don't take players like Zach, clogging up the middle. And they may be right. But wouldn't the pros appreciate 20 pt, 12 reb per game player? Especially when they do not typically double- and triple-team on defense.

I don't know what Zach could improve in his game for a shot at the NBA. Run the floor better? Get a reliable outside shot? If they think he could improve in those areas, they will draft him, since they draft on potential. So in the end, if he stays it will be because he wants to win a Natinal Championship.

Yeah, you don't see anyone like him in the NBA. Some here will say that it's because they don't take players like Zach, clogging up the middle. And they may be right. But wouldn't the pros appreciate 20 pt, 12 reb per game player? Especially when they do not typically double- and triple-team on defense.

I don't know what Zach could improve in his game for a shot at the NBA. Run the floor better? Get a reliable outside shot? If they think he could improve in those areas, they will draft him, since they draft on potential. So in the end, if he stays it will be because he wants to win a Natinal Championship.
I think it’s being a threat to score with a midrange jumper.

He gets mauled every game. B10 officiating is criminal. I wouldn't come back to get mugged every game.

Reactions: Erock_94

Yeah I think mid-range/elbow shot. I doubt he gets drafted on potential for those things cause he’s literally never done it in college. My guess is he is destined to play in Europe anyways, so it may not matter when he leaves. I hope he comes back though.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

It’s the PNR defense. That drop coverage doesn’t work in the NBA.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT